Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Revolutions!
It feels like revolutions never happen anymore. It's a very fun and engaging gamemode, some of my fondest memories of Space Station 13 are being a head of staff and fighting hordes of staff assistants or being a revhead and rallying dozens of revs into storming security all at once. However, for revolution to play as intended, the heads of staff and revheads need to have at least a basic idea of how the gamemode works, but because it's seemingly the rarest naturally occurring mode, whenever it is rev, people are completely blindsided by it and either the revs or heads lose from just not knowing what to do. If rev were as common as nuke is now, people would be able to learn how the gamemode works and how to play it.

Also, rev is one of my personal favorite gamemodes. It's intense, violent, involves nearly the entire crew, and is highly conducive to creating memorable moments and fun stories. It's kind of a shame that it's seen so rarely.
people complain there's too few and when there's too many so there's no winning here and there does not seem to be much publicly stated interest in resolving some of the issue that might make it less shit so this is where it will say
I think Gang Mode has had some new elements that Rev Could Use, like the flyers.

Rev Heads putting up propaganda posters that other players could use to join the Revolution would be nice, since that would give Sec and Heads more of a warning when they start to see them
(09-18-2018, 09:29 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think Gang Mode has had some new elements that Rev Could Use, like the flyers.

Rev Heads putting up propaganda posters that other players could use to join the Revolution would be nice, since that would give Sec and Heads more of a warning when they start to see them

Revs generally get called out almost immediately because revflashes are really visually obvious and make a very loud distinct noise. Generally as a head of staff you hear "REVS" over comms and hear three revflashes all going off in the distance pretty early on which is more than enough warning. The reason many sec/heads get caught totally with their pants down during revs is because it's just not seen very often at all.

Making rev opt-in like gang would have a lot of issues. The fun of rev is having a large unarmed mass of staff fighting a small but well prepared group of heads and sec, and by making it like gang you'll have the same issue that gang has where nearly nobody will join up sometimes.
less gang more rev