Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emote bug
So I just had this happen while typing emotes in capital letters:

Swedish Horror STAREs.
Swedish Horror GLAREs.

I feel like that should be happening.
Shouldn't be happening, fuck me i should read before submitting
Even worse is what happens if you put in any sort of punctuation.

Isaac Kirkhope signs, "Here's an example."
well it's urlencoded, heh. also i like STARING so keep this feature please.
Weavel Wrote:Even worse is what happens if you put in any sort of punctuation.

Feel free to correct me (I'd love if I was wrong on this) but isn't this an actual byond issue, rather than a coding issue? As in, it's the engines fault, and not fixable.

It's pant's on head retarded, like one round where I uploaded a law, it appeared like this, almost like byond is punishing us for using proper punctuation.
Sundance Wrote:

Feel free to correct me (I'd love if I was wrong on this) but isn't this an actual byond issue, rather than a coding issue? As in, it's the engines fault, and not fixable.

It's pant's on head retarded, like one round where I uploaded a law, it appeared like this, almost like byond is punishing us for using proper punctuation.
think about it for a moment, saying something works properly with punctuation but emoting doesn't?
nah it IS a byond issue. Try having your name with any sort of punctuation in it, you get Chef Butte"s instead of Chef Butte's.

Also, yeah I've noticed that ever since they made emotes not case sensitive, the emote takes the case of what you typed. Which is annoying and goofy looking when you accidently do say *Laugh and it comes out

Chef Buttes Laughs

it looks goofy
And I wanted to be Conor, The Doomed.

As for the emote bug, can't BYOND force it into lower-case?
Before this wasn't it where you had to type *lowercase or the emote wouldn't work? I would definitely take this issue much more than trying to emote and saying invalid emote.
Basically for quick one worders without sound like laugh, stare, glare, giggle, etc. it just takes whatever it gets, slaps your name in front, and a single "s" to the end. Emotes were fundamentally lowercase though so nobody bothered to add a conversion there.

You can circumvent this by using \' instead of '