Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Changelings shouldn't be able to be headspider'd.
Recently as a changeling, I was kidnapped by another changeling and went on a wild ride in a welded crate until I managed to escape and summon a legworm to kick the other changeling's ass but which then spawned a headspider which then proceeded to go down my throat and allow the player that spawned it to take control of me.

To me, this makes absolutely no sense why a headspider should attempt to target a changeling or at least be assimilated if it attempted to go down my throat becoming another part of the hivemind or be turned into DNA points. This would at least protect a changeling from being taken over by another changeling who attempted to murder them for whatever purpose and prevent headspiders being wasted.

I'll be looking forward to any response because this is ridiculous.
holy shit a headspider actually worked for once
Im a fan of the idea that in a conflict like that the result could be that the losing ling is essentially mindslaved and/or looped into the other's hivemind
(09-14-2018, 12:15 PM)Berrik Wrote: holy shit a headspider actually worked for once

Headspiders work all the time nowadays, as long as the person doesn't know/think they can suicide. Like I mentioned in the other thread, they are waaaay faster than they were years ago.
Headspiders work surprisingly often, especially if your minions are still around and are able to drag you to a knocked down host.

Frustratingly, you're technically a different changeling so if those minions die you can't resurrect them. I'd imagine fixing it would be a bitch to code.
Well, I'm more concerned if that host is literally another changeling. It's pretty horrible to win a fight against a changeling that attempted to murder you and then get headspider'd and he takes your place and never to be revived again. It is reasonable if changelings can absorb changelings but headspiders are another story.