Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Mode Idea: Cabal
There are two teams. Each team member has a specific set of simple instructions, including back up plans, that all involve a complex series of trading items between other team members whom are operating with limited knowledge. A team wins when 1 item passes hands from each member of the team in the correct sequence.
An example: Meet someone in the sauna at 15:00. If they ask 'Hot enough for ya?' tell them to head directly to the barber shop. If they fart three times, give them the book."

Sometimes, a team will have a hint about what the other team is going to do, so they can sabotage them.

An example of a hint:
 "A member of the other team will be in the sauna at 15:00. They will be waiting for the prompt phrase 'Hot enough for ya?'"
please implement k thx bye
What happens when things inevitably go off the rails? If both teams fuck up real bad and can't seem to progress, what's the incentive for calling the shuttle and ending the round? Obviously the OOC incentive is "we want a new round" but that's a little boring and hard for the roleplay server to work with, right?

On the flip side, if one team fucks up irreversibly and the other hasn't, what's the incentive for the fucked team to not try calling the shuttle to screw the functioning team out of a victory?

I'm thinking this might be better as some sort of addition to rounds. Maybe a miscreant-tier thing that can serve to keep sec engaged, sow antagonism, and generally add fuel to the dumpster fire.
I like this as a secondary miscreant objective for people when the round starts. Or you can add more layers to it for latejoiners.
Oh you know... How about this is an optional side quest for traitors? Have an item, meet another traitor, trade items, go somewhere specific to upload them like with Spy get a random item discount or extra TC crystals.
(09-16-2018, 01:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Oh you know... How about this is an optional side quest for traitors? Have an item, meet another traitor, trade items, go somewhere specific to upload them like with Spy get a random item discount or extra TC crystals.

I gotta tell you, I wasn't a fan of this idea until this part, I like the tangible rewards. But there is still a problem, if it's for traitors, then all traitors will know who the other traitors are.

If it can be fit into a task for spy as well, maybe Miscreants should be able to get the message as well, and each person be given different code phrases so that they match with someone and miscreants can get some sort of bonus too.
This seems like it pairs well with / as an alternative form of Gang mode.

Nobody knows which team they're on, except for what they can glean from their instructions & the people they interact with along the way. Completing more of the objectives gives the Cabal more information, letting them more accurately identify who's with them, and who's against them.

In the end, they've got to ensure the neutralization of the opposing team, without collateral damage if possible.

That's my take
This sounds like a cool idea! Perhaps it could be done as a mentor-run event?
The idea of having cell based small squads who have to clandestinely communicate with one another is great.

(09-16-2018, 09:19 AM)kyle2143 Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 01:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Oh you know... How about this is an optional side quest for traitors? Have an item, meet another traitor, trade items, go somewhere specific to upload them like with Spy get a random item discount or extra TC crystals.

But there is still a problem, if it's for traitors, then all traitors will know who the other traitors are.

If it can be fit into a task for spy as well, maybe Miscreants should be able to get the message as well, and each person be given different code phrases so that they match with someone and miscreants can get some sort of bonus too.

I think this is a great time to make Centcom alerts more relevant. Have security get a message that has partial information about who is meeting who where, and swapping what allowing stings to be set up, or that sets authenticity of the other person you are meeting on location in doubt.