Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Computer Network Seems Busted
I'm sure other folks could give more and better details on the exact nature of this bug, but as far as I can tell, something at roundstart is causing (at least TermOS) computers to fail to connect to the mainframe correctly (you'll notice this by going up to any DWAINE terminal and discovering you need to connect manually because its first automatic attempt timed out). This seems to be creating more issues down the line, including communication summaries failing to print.

Additionally, something appears to be messed up with the datatapes; Oshan having a nonfunctioning Artifact Lab is an issue that's been documented in its respective map thread, but now /mnt/artlab is unavailable on Destiny, too.

I suspect recent optimizations might've affected network setup at the start of the round, but I don't know shit for fuck about code so I'm probably pulling that out of my ass!!
In fact, artlab does not work on ANY map. Not even Cog1.
It seems to be a crapshoot whether or not it works. I've had games on Destiny and Clarion both where it'd function fine one round and then be missing the artlab directory entirely the next.
(09-10-2018, 02:38 PM)sodly Wrote: It seems to be a crapshoot whether or not it works. I've had games on Destiny and Clarion both where it'd function fine one round and then be missing the artlab directory entirely the next.

Sounds like the wiring to the RD's databank is buggered. You'd probably have to rewire and reset this. Just a guess of what the problem might be. I haven't been on to check whats going on. 

This has occurred on Mushroom for a long while now, and is the result of a wire being severed beneath the RD's window.

Quote:(at least TermOS) computers to fail to connect to the mainframe correctly (you'll notice this by going up to any DWAINE terminal and discovering you need to connect manually because its first automatic attempt timed out).

As for this, I'm not sure! This usually occurs when the TermOS computers cannot reach the mainframe (the wiring is buggered somewhere) or when you try to connect two or more devices to a single device (excluding the mainframe). Many devices only allow for one connection with another device. 

Might be interesting to see if ANY devices are connected to the mainframe. Try connect to an APC. Do so by entering 'connect [hexcode]' into the terminal. If you can connect without it timing out, then its likely that all devices aren't recognizing the mainframe.

Might try get on sometime soon to find what the issue is.
this should be fixed now, please post itt if otherwise