Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Certain mutations usable when cuffed
I was figuring that since wrestlers get to kick people when they're cuffed/stunned, geneticists should get to use some non-hand-related mutations, like superfart or fire breath, when they're cuffed, seems pretty simple to me (though maybe not to code).
There's some emotes that are like this too. Can't remember them off the top of my head, but definitely stuff you should be able to do even if cuffed
nodding is one i remember. i see why you cant but also you should still be able to salute when cuffed
I know this is a bit of a necro, but I had some more ideas: a muzzle should block fire breath, UNLESS it's empowered, in which case the plasma breath melts the muzzle at the cost of causing burn damage to the user, you should be able to melt (not dimension shift since that would take the cuffs with you) out of cuffs, use empowered laser eyes to cut open your cuffs (and thus would require putting thermals (because of their red tint) on the person to make the laser eyes not work, that sort of stuff.

I know making genetics more powerful is not exactly a desired feature but the nature of most of these powers should generally not be prevented by having some restraints on your arms.
Necro'ing this because I should at least be able to use telepathy on sec when they inevitably arrest me as a monkey
I've always thought that self-biomass manipulation should work sorta like how changelings can break cuffs. You won't go full invulnerable, but you'll slide your hands out of the cuffs and give a text emote, allowing an observant security officer to stun/recuff you.
They'll just brig your skeleton
(08-21-2018, 05:38 PM)poland spring Wrote: They'll just brig your skeleton

You do know that you can synchroniz SBM to make it act like a wizard's phase shift right?
Well then they'll just brig your skeleton when you inevitably use it and it kills you anyway.

Yes, even at 100% stability.
Yes, it is kinda bullshit.
(08-21-2018, 11:30 PM)Technature Wrote: Well then they'll just brig your skeleton when you inevitably use it and it kills you anyway.

This shouldn't be happening if it's synchronized. I would love some proof that it does rather than just what I normally hear being "it used to do this", because I cannot reproduce it.

Create a separate thread if you can do that.
Yeah I'll be honest it's rare enough that it may not be happening and I don't know about it yet?

Natural biomass is so hard to come buy and bugging people to sync it rarely goes anywhere too...
(08-21-2018, 11:30 PM)Technature Wrote: Well then they'll just brig your skeleton when you inevitably use it and it kills you anyway.

Did you mean brig your statue? I know that even when synchronized, the biomass manip backfire will still instantly kill you from turning you into a statue.