Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genetics Ideas/Discussion/Grumpin'
Once upon a time on shroom station I was a lowly assistant, or janitor, or some shit like that. I went into the geneticist's office for something or other and the geneticist approached me and asked, "Hey, want to join the monkey revolution?" I said yes so he turned me into a monkey.
As I left the lab I saw a sec officer standing outside, so with nothing better to do I decided to strip him. Miraculously he didn't stop me in time and his ID fell to the floor. Quickly realizing how much chaos I could cause I grabbed it and then I and a few other monkeys broke into security and we began stunning people there and turning them into monkeys.
After injecting one hapless sec officer I gave him his ID back and welcomed him to the revolution. Unfortunately he was a fun-hating supercop and didn't want to be part of the revolution so he stunned me and threw me into disposals, where I got gibbed. As a ghost I watched the other monkeys continue to trash sec for a while until they died too. Then the round ended and it turned out the geneticist wasn't even a traitor.

And the moral of this story is bring the DNA injectors back!
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Once upon a time on shroom station I was a lowly assistant, or janitor, or some shit like that. I went into the geneticist's office for something or other and the geneticist approached me and asked, "Hey, want to join the monkey revolution?" I said yes so he turned me into a monkey.
As I left the lab I saw a sec officer standing outside, so with nothing better to do I decided to strip him. Miraculously he didn't stop me in time and his ID fell to the floor. Quickly realizing how much chaos I could cause I grabbed it and then I and a few other monkeys broke into security and we began stunning people there and turning them into monkeys.
After injecting one hapless sec officer I gave him his ID back and welcomed him to the revolution. Unfortunately he was a fun-hating supercop and didn't want to be part of the revolution so he stunned me and threw me into disposals, where I got gibbed. As a ghost I watched the other monkeys continue to trash sec for a while until they died too. Then the round ended and it turned out the geneticist wasn't even a traitor.

Sounds more like the moral of the story is that DNA injectors encouraged people to be shitty and monkey people without their consent and cause stupid revolutions and harass Sec. All of which are shitty.
Also, make it so LOUD people can't whisper, and when they try that scream it out.
david2222121 Wrote:Bring back scanner locks
right click the scanner/check the verbs
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Once upon a time on shroom station I was a lowly assistant, or janitor, or some shit like that. I went into the geneticist's office for something or other and the geneticist approached me and asked, "Hey, want to join the monkey revolution?" I said yes so he turned me into a monkey.

Sounds more like the moral of the story is that DNA injectors encouraged people to be shitty and monkey people without their consent and cause stupid revolutions and harass Sec. All of which are shitty.

You made a pretty strong argument against injectors in that post
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:And the moral of this story is bring the DNA injectors back!

If you were in genetics alone and working on powers on a monkey, that's pretty much the only time you ever COULD use an injector properly, or if you needed to make a cloned human clean again. Now shit's changed, it's not needed at all.
Can we get the crew objectives for geneticists changed up to take advantage of the new system? Like have five mutation printouts by the end of the round or something.
Anticheese Wrote:Can we get the crew objectives for geneticists changed up to take advantage of the new system? Like have five mutation printouts by the end of the round or something.

they already never clone anyone because they're too busy being dumb and shitty with superpowrs

why give them incentive to do that even more
Swedish Horror Wrote:
Anticheese Wrote:Can we get the crew objectives for geneticists changed up to take advantage of the new system? Like have five mutation printouts by the end of the round or something.

they already never clone anyone because they're too busy being dumb and shitty with superpowrs

why give them incentive to do that even more
Actually, that assumption is pretty wrong. Bring in the corpse and the geneticist will clone it. Normally, a geneticist won't bother though because people bust through a wall or window to get in, throw the corpse in themself, set it to clone, and then leave without a word. They don't seem to understand the biomatter thing.
Weavel Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:And the moral of this story is bring the DNA injectors back!

If you were in genetics alone and working on powers on a monkey, that's pretty much the only time you ever COULD use an injector properly, or if you needed to make a cloned human clean again. Now shit's changed, it's not needed at all.
I turned a wizard into a monkey one time. I think that's worth it.

Also, the monkey revolution happened only once.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:

I turned a wizard into a monkey one time. I think that's worth it.

Also, the monkey revolution happened only once.
Actually, similar things happened a lot, including one guy I definitely remember who went around monkeying everyone and claimed it was a traitor objective. He wasn't a traitor. It was just asking for bad things to happen, no sense in bothering to revive it.
Yeah, monkey revolutions happened a ton, and even more often you'd simply have an explosion of UI/UE bandits turning everyone on the station into one person.

It was funny as heck, and not as actively shitty as turning someone into a monkey against their will, but I think the argument that it's better off gone probably bears some weight.
I thought there was already a rule that you had to leave the DNA injector on the floor and wait for someone to pick it up. Can't they just adminhelp it?
We won't need injectors back, but please allow us to humanize monkeys again and vice-versa!
If we can't get injectors back can you at least buff stable mutagen so you need less of it to actualy mutate someone? That would still be harder to make than an injector.