Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more fire extinguishers?
I think people seem to get set on fire more often these days? I've been in a few situations where I find someone who is on fire, and try to help them, but can't find any fire extinguishers nearby. This leads to me dragging a flaming unconscious body behind me as I check every emergency locker in hopes that it has an extinguisher. which okay yeah is pretty funny but kind of a bummer to the guy burning to death

Maybe some fire extinguisher cabinets in the main hallways? I realize that practically speaking they will usually be already taken by people needing blunt objects, or the extinguishers emptied and refilled with welding fuel by pranksters by the time you actually need them, but it's the principle of the thing
The o2 cabinets often have red toolboxes, which contain a flashlight, a radio, a crowbar, and an inflatable fire extinguisher which can't be put back in after removal. You are now aware of these extremely useful objects.

That said, I think we could do with an extra fire extinguisher or two hanging around.
I've always thought it was weird a fire extinguisher fits in a toolbox and a backpack but a toolbox doesn't fit in a backpack.
Why not have miniature wall mounted fire extinguisher in the main hallways? That way fire is still a danger and people who are on fire can extinguish them selfs.
Blankets should obviously smother fires.

Throw a blanket over a burning dude on the ground? Beat up someone with a blanket in hand?
Clarks Wrote:Throw a blanket over a burning dude on the ground?

That'd be neat.

Also, there could probably be a few glass cases containing extinguishers mounted on the walls. Like these
I was thinking of something nice related to this the other night

we have mini-oxygen tanks for belts, why not Emergency Extinguishers? Two sprays worth of foam, fits on a belt, can go into emergency toolboxes as a more fitting addition
18 fire extinguishers on the main station -> raised to 26
10 red toolboxes containing extinguishers -> raised to 20
34 emergency closets which occasionally contain red toolboxes - unchanged

Splashing a glass of water on a burning person helps too.
I dunno, I kind of liked the spread of extinguishers it as it were. If you don't have an extinguisher handy you can always stop drop and roll, and if you're unconscious well, it provides a little extra challenge for medics? Or keep extinguishers in your bag like I do for impromptu robusting/fire extinguishing.