Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trivial Dying By Turning Into a Statue Breaks Resurrective Immortality
So here's something of an edge case!

I signed a contract with the chaplain that kept mutating me, but also gave me resurrective immortality. I ate my heart and died, resurrected, died a couple more times, all fine and dandy. However, I died to a teleport gene misfire, which turns you into a statue of yourself. Instead of resurrecting next to where I died, I respawned in arrivals, no longer mutating wildly. The next timed I died, I did not resurrect!
A bit of clarification:
The chaplain contract with ressurective immortality only activates all your potential, which may have included mutagenic field in this case.

And it isn't a "teleport mutation" that statues you, it's the Phase Shift one (Self Biomass Manipulation).

Honestly unsure if feature or not.
I checked with an admin before posting and was told to leave a bug report, also Self Biomass is the mutation I was referring to.
To me, the confusing part is the fact that you respawned in arrivals. Typically, when something like this breaks, you just don't resurrect at all. As such, it's hard to tell if this bug is related to the ones fixed in this thread: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10525
Recently I gave a dude the immortality contract and he turned himself into a statue few times, but revived repeatedly just fine: it seems they still respawned in arrivals, though.
I wonder if that is because of the recent fix that was implemented that lets Antags keep their powers upon cloning?