Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove random job related character traits from the RP server
Being forced to roleplay as a Sweedish chef almost every time you play as one makes the job extremely boring, and spawning in as a dwarf with floating hair as a miner when your character isn't a dwarf, and wasn't one the round before makes no sense. It really puts the roleplay aspect on hold if you are forced to change how you roleplay depending on whether you get the trait, or not.
Agree with this, but is it possible to remove them via mutadone?

I wasn't 100% clear on it.
(08-25-2018, 01:19 AM)Technature Wrote: Agree with this, but is it possible to remove them via mutadone?

I wasn't 100% clear on it.

unless it's been changed recently, no
they have to be removed with genetics
You can remove the Swedishness as chef with mutadone. Not sure about the miner dwarfism however.
(08-25-2018, 10:45 AM)CandleCandleCandles Wrote: You can remove the Swedishness as chef with mutadone. Not sure about the miner dwarfism however.

I wasn't sure about that before, but it is still a waste of time, especially if nobody online can aquire it.
If no one's online to get it, it means there's no captain, medical staff, or security staff.

Also known as no one's really gonna care if you hack your way in, take a single mutadone, and fix everything before you leave.
(08-25-2018, 12:13 PM)Technature Wrote: If no one's online to get it, it means there's no captain, medical staff, or security staff.

Also known as no one's really gonna care if you hack your way in, take a single mutadone, and fix everything before you leave.

It's still a hassle, and doesn't solve the dwarfism problem.
Could probably just have a toggle for job related perks/mutations as part of the character creation screen that applies to all servers
If you ask me, this sounds like a perfect idea for a job reward like the Janitor has. I like Frank's idea too instead of just removing it on RP1, but with the job rewards there's a minimal amount of coding changes since the system is already there(I assume). Also it would ensure that everyone will have to suffer through a round or two of being Swedish.