Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Emagging a compost tank should make it produce sewage instead
(08-23-2018, 12:35 PM)MrMagolor Wrote: Emagging compost tanks should make them create sewage instead.

Stolen from questionable ideas thread. This idea is good enough that I think it deserves it's own thread.
I'm gonna be the downer in this party. I probably am wrong here but, isn't the emag only supposed to affect electronic/mechanical objects?

Compost tanks are not electronic/mechanical in any way.
(08-23-2018, 06:05 PM)Wilbur Wright Wrote: I'm gonna be the downer in this party. I probably am wrong here but, isn't the emag only supposed to affect electronic/mechanical objects?

[Image: lSzLHBS.jpg]
(08-23-2018, 06:05 PM)Wilbur Wright Wrote: I'm gonna be the downer in this party. I probably am wrong here but, isn't the emag only supposed to affect electronic/mechanical objects?

I keep having to remind myself that all the emag really does is break things and piss off robots, which while hilarious in its own way isn't quite a magic wand of make-wacky that makes anything it touches do silly things.

Maybe the compost tank could turn bodyparts and dead monkeys into sewage, and adding some kind of bacteria in there would convert compost into sewage.
(08-24-2018, 04:35 AM)Superlagg Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 06:05 PM)Wilbur Wright Wrote: I'm gonna be the downer in this party. I probably am wrong here but, isn't the emag only supposed to affect electronic/mechanical objects?

I keep having to remind myself that all the emag really does is break things and piss off robots, which while hilarious in its own way isn't quite a magic wand of make-wacky that makes anything it touches do silly things.

Maybe the compost tank could turn bodyparts and dead monkeys into sewage, and adding some kind of bacteria in there would convert compost into sewage.

This is a better way to do this, all composting systems have "safe" and "unsafe" things you can add, and in general high quantities of fats and proteins are bad for the health of a compost. 
Produce should turn into compost-
Meat, body parts, and prepared foods into sewage. 
Also maybe compost tanks should act as incubators for Pathogen as well ?
(08-24-2018, 05:38 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 04:35 AM)Superlagg Wrote:

This is a better way to do this, all composting systems have "safe" and "unsafe" things you can add, and in general high quantities of fats and proteins are bad for the health of a compost. 
Produce should turn into compost-
Meat, body parts, and prepared foods into sewage. 
Also maybe compost tanks should act as incubators for Pathogen as well ?

That's probably a really good approach in general to compost, as well as food and body decay: A pathogen forms on it that breaks it down

Would even open things up from a forensics perpectivpe, by measuring pathogens present to establish time of death
Some cats and bees would beg to disagree.

Emag is the whynot item. It's dumb that it's that way, but all the miscellaneous thatwouldbecool effects get thrown on it. The description would probably be better as "NANOMACHINES, SON!"

Anyways I still disagree. It'd be better to have some interaction with a toilet, I think. Sewerage is only sewage once it enters the sewers.
I generally assumed it could be reasonably emagged given how it magically turns produce into compost instantly.