Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State of the Goonion - Underwater Tidings
(08-20-2018, 12:26 PM)Gannets Wrote: Oshan is currently the only underwater map. It will be released on saturday, with all that entails. 

THE HYPE IS REAL!
Quote:I imagine vampires take damage in the ocean, same as space.

(08-20-2018, 07:00 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Classic vampires often suck with moving water, anyways.
As the guy who beat Subnautica on hardcore without ever building a cyclops, I will be there to guide you all, for the depths no longer scare me.

...you know, assuming I actually wake up in time for release.
I, too, look forward to viewing the first grand high tide of Oshan,

in glorious stop-motion.

I've been saying seastation 2013 with fluid mechanics was impractical due to lag given byond. Been saying it since flood pathing was being tested.

I thoroughly hope an ass I've been made.
wait i just realised

is this project why the "ocean" fluid tiles ive seen replace space on assday exist?
Wow I've only watched the trailer and have not read past the first post in this thread.

This looks fucking amazing and I can't wait to play on it. I heard there was a new map underway but had no idea it was this, also figured it would be a year or two before we saw anything on it.
(08-21-2018, 02:25 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: in glorious stop-motion.

definitely expect lag on Saturday, just from an inflated playercount. Aside from launch stuff though, I've tested latest ocean code on as high as ~40 player rounds and it's smooth there.
if ocean tiles work like i think they will it might be possible to recruit assistants to seal breaches... by drinking all of the water that floods into the station
More uses for obesity!

No idea why people keep wanting to be lithe and athletic when phat is where it's at.
Just one more day! Very excited
OSHAN TIME!!!!
123 current players! Zounds.
Proof of goon superiority