Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking Thrown Weapons
So bowling balls have a tracking throw(I think basketballs do too, same with those rad footballs), so they will curve if you actually click on someones sprite and the person moves. Which is really cool and nice, since a lot of the time it's actually hard to click right on someones sprite when you're running by trying not to get tased. It's like a reward for being good, or whatever.

Anyway, it'd be really neat if other throwing based traitor weapons were the same. Like the butchers knife. Please. I want it to be even better.
Well, here's the first time I bring up the "Sonic the Hedgehog" thing.

Blah, blah, curves, something quadratic equations,

Either way, I don't know how BYOND could handle such a thing.
I'm assuming the greater tracking of fireball/acid spit is part of this improvement - if so, they maybe need nerfed just a tiny bit. A wizard chucked a fireball at me last week and it followed me across literally half the station, ducking and weaving through maintenance and round in circles after me until I lag spiked and it hit me three full minutes later.
Admiral jimbob Wrote:I'm assuming the greater tracking of fireball/acid spit is part of this improvement - if so, they maybe need nerfed just a tiny bit. A wizard chucked a fireball at me last week and it followed me across literally half the station, ducking and weaving through maintenance and round in circles after me until I lag spiked and it hit me three full minutes later.

well you cant explain magic!
APARTHEID Wrote:Well, here's the first time I bring up the "Sonic the Hedgehog" thing.

you do know it's literally just calling step_towards(DUDE YOU CLICKED AT) right
Marquesas Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:Well, here's the first time I bring up the "Sonic the Hedgehog" thing.

you do know it's literally just calling step_towards(DUDE YOU CLICKED AT) right

nope

I'm just thinking BYOND is that horrible!
If things couldn't curve to follow a person in byond, changeling spit wouldn't work.
It's easy as hell to set up.
I don't get how this turned into fireballs and changling discussion. I'm just saying if you actually click on someone when you throw something it curves towards them with a one or two tile fall off
so what you're suggesting is if you click at someone the object will travel the amount of tiles it can towards the person you clicked, that means on every tile it finds the direction towards that person. much like fireballs and acid spits.
Marquesas Wrote:so what you're suggesting is if you click at someone the object will travel the amount of tiles it can towards the person you clicked, that means on every tile it finds the direction towards that person. much like fireballs and acid spits.

No. Like the vollyball or the basketball. or even the bowlingball, they will track you somewhat - missing if they move too far but if they move one or two tiles away from the area they WERE it'll miss anyway. Either that or make it so the bowling balls don't track because if you're good at this game they are way too good since they track people.

Not like magic projectiles since they will literally follow you until they hit you or they poof.
But don't items like the butcher knife move blindingly fast when thrown?

I think that'd be brutal if it had some tracking.
Conor12 Wrote:But don't items like the butcher knife move blindingly fast when thrown?

I think that'd be brutal if it had some tracking.

They move just as fast as everything else, though. The thing is a lot of the time when you throw something at someone it's smarter to lead the throw anyway, and you wouldn't be actually clicking on a dude by doing that. And sometimes, you just don't get the chance to actually click on someone because you miss their sprite or you are running around really quickly and just want to throw it in their general area.

Essentially it is just a reward for actually managing to click on someone while you're most likely in a high risk situation.