Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
Add in a mop that uses oldmopping
Janitor was changed a bit when fluids came out. Now when a janitor mops, it leaves water behind instead of a slippery floor. I quite enjoyed leaving a slippery floor, watching people slip, sighing, and pointing to the wet floor sign they should have read. I miss the crew getting so mad they spaced the janitor's supplies.

We should bring this style of janitor play back! I suggest:
1. Make mopping work as the old version did. Make a tile slip people if they walk on it.
2. Let people also choose to use the old/new janitor style. Perhaps a selection between an antique mop and a modern mop in the janitor's office, each of which functions in the appropriate way.

Discuss.
yes i miss slippery floors frown

blood combining with your water is funny though
Agree but voted 1 for the thread title
(08-11-2018, 12:49 AM)poland spring Wrote: Agree but voted 1 for the thread title
I thought puddles were inherently slippery when entering or exiting them?

Personally, I just wish mopping was faster. I'd love it if you could just move and mop at the same time, to keep mopping competitive with the floor buffer
(08-11-2018, 01:47 AM)Roomba Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 12:49 AM)poland spring Wrote: Agree but voted 1 for the thread title

Yeah in retrospect title is in poor taste. Admins please change title to "Add in a mop that uses oldmopping" or something like that.
(08-11-2018, 08:24 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 12:49 AM)poland spring Wrote: Agree but voted 1 for the thread title

Yeah in retrospect title is in poor taste. Admins please change title to "Add in a mop that uses oldmopping" or something like that.

You can change it yourself by editing the first post.
(08-11-2018, 06:19 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I thought puddles were inherently slippery when entering or exiting them?

The thing with old mopping that made it more fun was:
  1. With the new system puddles only slip you when you enter or exit them, while old mopping made every wet tile slippery
  2. New puddles are very visible, while old wet floors were only visible by the tile occasionally shining, making it possible to not notice that a tile was wet
The fluids system also made cleaner grenades less fun, as they used to make all the floors they cleaned wet, and thus slippery, but they don't make tiles wet anymore.
(08-11-2018, 01:06 PM)Technature Wrote:

TIL. Bad joke is now gone. Thanks.
(08-11-2018, 10:34 PM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 01:06 PM)Technature Wrote:

TIL. Bad joke is now gone. Thanks.

Emagging a mop does this. Or make the mop mode toggleable.
I don't like this idea.

It's not like you can't slip people up in other ways, both stealthy and unstealthy, and if you want to be a dickish-but-not-antag janitor, you can always just put the signs down and never actually mop up the water. People will be plenty pissed about having to walk everywhere.

Messing with the fluid-physics of an item for nostalgia seems like a bad plan.
This wouldnt require fiddling with the fluids system. From a coding perspective this would be pretty trivial - you would just copypaste the code from the release. Maybe slap a new sprite on it and rename the item.
I want this
Make it the Janitor's final job reward, only true Janitors can wield the oldmop.

The oldmop is also a head access ID and changes the ID of whoever wields it to be "Head of Janiteering"
(08-27-2018, 11:05 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Make it the Janitor's final job reward, only true Janitors can wield the oldmop.

The oldmop is also a head access ID and changes the ID of whoever wields it to be "Head of Janiteering"