Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Swimming. Switch to new stance to move quickly in liquids
Not sure if this is a good idea in general or not. I've heard some people on the forums and in ooc say that they want oshan and floods to be more unique compared to space.

I've thought that it might be thematically appropriate to be able to switch between walking/running and swimming intents when you're in a body of liquid. Liquid has diferent levels on tiles that decide if you can breathe or if you travel slower. But the fastest way through all these levels is just to run.

I think that having either a new stance or switching to "rest"stance when in liquids should be the primary way to travel quickly through it. It should make you slower if holding an item or two, just like wheelchairs, but be much faster than walking/running through neck deep liquids.

Might even be able to apply a "swimming" animation to mobs that are swimming in water, like how fish bob around.
To add on to this, perhaps a visual effect could be added where the sprite of your character has a blue tint from bottom to top to tell how deep the water is?