Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trivial Fire Alarms
Hi everyone,

I've noticed this problem for a while, not sure if anyone has any insight that I might be missing.

It seems that lately when an automatic fire alarm is engaged, the nearby fire alarm button cannot be pressed to disengage the doors. Im not certain if this is an issue with all fire alarms, or if it only applies when the power is out.

I liked the change where the fire alarm menu was removed to allow it to be clicked on or off simply, but I started to notice this problem maybe a month or so ago? 

Let me know if im wrong and/or crazy!
i had noticed before the change that if an area had multiple fire alarms, only the one that had triggered would work to disengage, and could occasionally bug in a way that you just had no choice but to crowbar the firedoors. dunno if it's persisted or if it's related but just wanted to say hi
(08-01-2018, 07:38 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: i had noticed before the change that if an area had multiple fire alarms, only the one that had triggered would work to disengage, and could occasionally bug in a way that you just had no choice but to crowbar the firedoors. dunno if it's persisted or if it's related but just wanted to say hi

Can confirm that this behavior is still happening
Was going to report this but kept forgetting.

Can confirm Fire Alarms are wonky as all hell.

I'd also upgrade it from Trivial because sometimes you don't have the crowbar to open the doors and this can potentially leave people trapped through no fault of their own.
(08-01-2018, 09:57 AM)Technature Wrote: sometimes you don't have the crowbar [...]  through no fault of [your] own.

Now lisen here u little - 

Yeah probably belongs in Minor but also the station starts with something on the order of a hundred crowbars, you can make more of them, and they're cheap and fit in a backpack, you should generally have one for reasons.
(08-01-2018, 11:10 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 09:57 AM)Technature Wrote: sometimes you don't have the crowbar [...]  through no fault of [your] own.

Now lisen here u little - 

Yeah probably belongs in Minor but also the station starts with something on the order of a hundred crowbars, you can make more of them, and they're cheap and fit in a backpack, you should generally have one for reasons.
I SHOULD BUT I FORGET SOMETIMES OKAY?
sounds like a refactor to push update all fire alarms in area is needed
this bug is the fuckin worst on oshan since fire alarms trigger with water, and the multitude of fire alarms in the hallways, means you p much get locked into some stupid spot
I just put through some fixes
1. multiple fire alarms in the same area should now behave correctly
2. fix issue where firelocks on the border of two connected areas would only trigger from one side

Leaving the thread open in case any more issues pop up, please let me know