Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.43 Average
Staff complaint: flourish, LLJK2, 7/31/2018
(07-31-2018, 03:20 PM)Datmanisdumb Wrote: You see, the biggest problem with creating a welcoming environment is that when you try to create one for 'all' you are really just creating one for a small minority of people that can't take a joke. The majority of people couldn't care less if I joke about Stalin or autism, it's just an incredibly small minority of people have a problem with it. Also, it creates a player base that is more concerned with trying to be PC and not getting a note/ban than actually playing the game and having genuine fun. And if a small minority of people can't take a joke, maybe they have some deep-seated problem that have to get looked into.

Creating rules that prohibit the use of slurs or bigoted language does not create a server for a minority of people, it simply asks that when you join the server you don't use that kind of language. What is does accomplish however, is creating a more welcoming server for people from every walk of life. The rules simply prohibit you from using a few words, and creates a far more comfortable experience for everyone, I'd say that's worthwhile.

As for creating a player base that is concerned about their language, I bet if you asked any number of players what their first concern when they're playing is, it wouldn't be the language they use. The vast majority of players are able to moderate what they say, and simply not use slurs on the server. Sure some people require a reminder, but there's rarely ever repeats, as they can also respect the rule. If you physically cannot avoid using slurs, and it's your primary concern when playing on goon then I would simply say it might not be server for you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff complaint: flourish, LLJK2, 7/31/2018 - by 69andahalf - 07-31-2018, 03:56 PM