Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.43 Average
Staff complaint: flourish, LLJK2, 7/31/2018
(07-31-2018, 03:05 PM)Gannets Wrote: I don't really have much to say about this ban honestly, you were warned to not do something and then received a short ban when you continued to do the thing. Still, it's good that players feel like they can post complaints because it gives us a really good platform to explain the rules we have and why we think they benefit us.

And with that in mind I'll move on to your suggestion!

I'm sure there are plenty of people in the wider ss13 community that dislike our rules because they don't let them say what they'd like to or they think it stifles their creativity or whatever. But really, we're just trying to create a fun and welcoming environment for our players in the one place we have some control over. I sincerely feel that being able to call people slurs would add nothing to the game and as you've said in your post, players who disagree are absolutely welcome to try the many other flavours of ss13 that exist these days.

We're not really trying to change people, I'm sure we have players who don't follow the rules of our server when they're not playing here, but that's not what's important. We just want there to be a base level of behavior while you're here. If you can manage that, you're more than welcome and we're happy to have you!

I'm not sure what else to tell you other than I can't imagine we're going to be changing our rules any-time soon. Hope this helps!

You see, the biggest problem with creating a welcoming environment is that when you try to create one for 'all' you are really just creating one for a small minority of people that can't take a joke. The majority of people couldn't care less if I joke about Stalin or autism, it's just an incredibly small minority of people have a problem with it. Also, it creates a player base that is more concerned with trying to be PC and not getting a note/ban than actually playing the game and having genuine fun. And if a small minority of people can't take a joke, maybe they have some deep-seated problem that have to get looked into.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff complaint: flourish, LLJK2, 7/31/2018 - by Datmanisdumb - 07-31-2018, 03:20 PM