Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major AI cannot re-open its core shield after closing
I'm assuming with the recent AI camera changes that this is a bug since it did not exist previously, but as an AI when you close the AI core shield you lose the ability to view the button and subsequently re-open the core shield after it's closed.

[Image: TNtFTyL.jpg]
Fastest work around is to Recall to your mainframe and to click the button from there.

I think the fastest fix would be to make the AI count as a camera for it. Literally every other Silicon, Cyborg or Robot, counts as a camera the AI can see you with, seems silly its own eyes don't count.
(07-30-2018, 10:49 PM)Technature Wrote: Fastest work around is to Recall to your mainframe and to click the button from there.

I think the fastest fix would be to make the AI count as a camera for it.  Literally every other Silicon, Cyborg or Robot, counts as a camera the AI can see you with, seems silly its own eyes don't count.

you can't see even when recalled to mainframe, i had this the other day. someone had to come in and break the window, force the doors open, then i could see
Before the AI eye update, the AI's cameras could see through walls. For some ungodly reason, the AI lost the ability to see through walls when the AI eye update dropped. Coders pls fix.
(08-02-2018, 04:50 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 10:49 PM)Technature Wrote: Fastest work around is to Recall to your mainframe and to click the button from there.

I think the fastest fix would be to make the AI count as a camera for it.  Literally every other Silicon, Cyborg or Robot, counts as a camera the AI can see you with, seems silly its own eyes don't count.

you can't see even when recalled to mainframe, i had this the other day. someone had to come in and break the window, force the doors open, then i could see

Seriously?  Fucking hell I don't play AI often enough.
umm what the heck lol
(08-02-2018, 11:28 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: umm what the heck lol

i should point out I'm pretty sure this was a very recent bug, hasn't been around the entire time the AEye has
(08-04-2018, 12:00 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 11:28 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: umm what the heck lol

i should point out I'm pretty sure this was a very recent bug, hasn't been around the entire time the AEye has

yeah i know

wonder what caused it
this is still a thing and still a pain in the ass!!!!! can't change core turrets while core is shielded either
Oh yeah can confirm aswell, pain in the ass. Oddly enough when an admin became an AI to inspect it they didnt see it till they moved away apparently.
also i searched for this thread then posted reply before realizing it was in the open bugs and i cant edit my post to reflect as such whoops
Poking in to say that you can sort of get around it by maneuvering an AI shell to the core, since those count as "cameras".

One other very strange and likely related effect is that, as an AI shell (/borg?), going near your core will show the same "static" overlay you would see if you were using the AI eye. It's weird.
(03-12-2019, 08:37 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: Poking in to say that you can sort of get around it by maneuvering an AI shell to the core, since those count as "cameras".

One other very strange and likely related effect is that, as an AI shell (/borg?), going near your core will show the same "static" overlay you would see if you were using the AI eye. It's weird.

however you still can't reopen the core shield at any point as that is inside the core (at least on most maps i think) so you can't easily put an AI shell in there. telesci i guess but that takes time
What if the AI itself counted as a camera?
(03-12-2019, 04:41 PM)Technature Wrote: What if the AI itself counted as a camera?

it should, and i think it did before the AEye change. This would also yeah probably fix the issue easy.