Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Law Overrides All Laws == Kill All Humans ? True : False
Admin response around the topic of silicon laws will vary because, and here's the important bit: the base lawset and the ability to upload other fairly arbitrary laws is inherently flawed in creating predictable outcomes.

If you're the AI/a cyborg and you are uncertain about how your laws work, err on the side of "don't murder people" until you've had a chance to work it out. Feel free to use silicon chat to discuss the law changes and come to a general consensus on things, and if you're still unsure, feel free to adminhelp for a spur-of-the moment admin ruling on it.

My go-to answer in the case of two laws conflict and/or overriding each other is to pick the one that is least harmful. For example "Law 4: Kill all humans" would conflict with the base Law 1. You cannot follow both laws, so as a player you pick the one that is least harmful (i.e. don't harm humans).

In the case of law conflicts where harm isn't really part of it (e.g. "Law 4: Say "fart" at least once every 5 minutes", which would conflict with Law 2 if someone told you to stop doing that), my go-to advice is to go for whichever you think is most amusing. If someone's given you a lazy "gimmick" law that's annoying for you to carry out and there's a law loophole around it, feel free to use the loophole. If your law doesn't say anything about Law 2 and doing it is fun for you, feel free to do it, citing the law even if people tell you to stop.

Again, each admin will have a different opinion of the above, so don't take "Mordent said this" as writ for any given scenario, but I would consider them good guidelines unless you hear otherwise. If an admin does weigh in on your laws, please do respect their decision. I assure you, we deal with plenty of stupid lawset questions.