Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Major Constructed data terminals don't work (usually)
(08-02-2018, 12:14 AM)Wilbur Wright Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 07:21 PM)Username Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 08:13 PM)Wilbur Wright Wrote: Look, if you are still having trouble getting a wire powered. You can find me in game and I'll show you.

...what? This is clearly about data terminals, read the thread.

So I figured out what the problem was, it turns out duplicate devices show as having no connection even though they seem to receive signals (tested with nukes and telepads, I didnt get a chance to try signalling the pad though). The same situation might also be caused by the printed terminal, not sure, but they do definitely receive signals in both cases.

"read the thread", please show some respect to others trying to help you and I'd like to remind you that problem one was related to your wire not being powered, NOT the data terminal. Now you've got a completely new problem. I would advise that you learn clearly how devices work before reporting a bug. I'll re-iterate for the last time that data terminals are working fine as far as I can see.

Nonetheless lets work through your problem. This is how I've understood what you have said. Please confirm this is what is happening, if it is not, please correct me and state clearly what the steps you have taken to replicate the 'bug'.

(1) You have deployed a newly fabricated data terminal to a powered wire which is connected to the wired network. 
(2) You have deployed a device (i.e science teleport pad) on top of the powered data terminal. 
(3) The newly built device (i.e science teleport pad) appears to have no connection. 

Right? 

If this is the case, to properly connect a new device to the network you need to mount it. To do so, after the device is built, head to your nearest TermOS terminal and use the 'scnt' command. This properly connects new devices to the network. Enjoy your newly networked device.
"Please show some respect to others"? I wasn't the one that insinuated that the problem was because of the reporter's incompetence after knowing that the powernet was broken. If you had a potential solution, why did you wait to bring it up?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Constructed data terminals don't work (usually) - by Username - 08-02-2018, 05:26 AM