Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brain Jar for Postmortem Trials
I want a jar for postmodern trials.
(07-30-2018, 08:13 AM)LovelyMimic Wrote: I acknowledge the arguments made by those wary of a courtroom-specific brain jar and will take a stab st spriting a more general-purpose brain case later when I'm fully awake

Try to make it a bit small and with an off-set. That way, the coder can place the sprite in the overlay-layer, on top of the sprite of an existing item, for easy 'brain-jar items'
(07-30-2018, 10:05 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 08:13 AM)LovelyMimic Wrote: I acknowledge the arguments made by those wary of a courtroom-specific brain jar and will take a stab st spriting a more general-purpose brain case later when I'm fully awake

Try to make it a bit small and with an off-set. That way, the coder can place the sprite in the overlay-layer, on top of the sprite of an existing item, for easy 'brain-jar items'

What do you mean by giving it an offset?
(07-30-2018, 01:03 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 10:05 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:

What do you mean by giving it an offset?

small and offset, so not filling the sprite space, and more in one corner?
Would an offset like this work?

[Image: ygb436Q.png]

[Image: T8QIYIG.png]

[Image: eBv2mdW.png]

[Image: WBXHIfW.png]

Also, while this is very much a work in progress with regards to colors and shading and cool science shit sticking out of it, what do you think of the shape?
As an additional note, Id like to suggest that we somehow make it so that even the brains of gibbed people can be used in this. Currently gibbed peoples brains cant be used to clone or borg people, but maybe some fancy "Motor neurons are destroyed but we wired straight into the language centre" explanation means that we can at least interrogate someone involved if their brain survives?

I really like this idea! Sprites look awesome. It would be great if we could write on the container with a pen or marker as well.

This has actual real gameplay potential for all kinds of things from a mini-AI to a brainjar-bartender. I'd happily test this.
(07-31-2018, 12:41 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote: Would an offset like this work?
(Pretty Pictures)
Also, while this is very much a work in progress with regards to colors and shading and cool science shit sticking out of it, what do you think of the shape?
For the off-set thing to work, they'd need to be about 1/4 the size of a full 32x32 sprite (So 16x16 or smaller). But don't bother to focus the art on a stretch-goal like that.

Looks pretty good, brain is nice and clear.
Alright, I've been fiddling around with it. How does this look?

[Image: Mw9Wc09.png]
Ohhhh. That's great!

What if it could change colors like the AI?
(08-11-2018, 12:11 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Ohhhh. That's great!

That would be pretty sweet. I have no idea how that's actually done, though.
(08-11-2018, 12:48 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 12:11 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Ohhhh. That's great!

That would be pretty sweet. I have no idea how that's actually done, though.

I'm pretty sure that if you make the colour change parts to be white by default, and with a low alpha value. Then it's easy to change in the code.
(07-29-2018, 09:26 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: 30 minutes of silent murder by Lazy McCloak'nPen is not.

real men dont use a cloaker with their pen