Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Minor Spraying things out of a Fire Extinguisher Bugged?
The "extinguish" button on the ability hotbar when using a fire extinguisher used to spray the entire contents of the fire extinguisher around the user, which was useful for extinguishing a large area. It was also a handy way to make a mess with bread, cheese, chocolate bars, ectoplasm, and/or urine without needing to make smoke or foam. The wiki still shows the recipe for cheese and ectoplasm as requiring an extinguisher.

After the fluid update the functionality of the extinguisher changed slightly but still mostly worked, if I recall correctly. Now, however, the extinguish button only sprays the tile you're currently standing on. Because of this the extinguisher can no longer be used to make cheese, chocolate, or pee. I haven't tested with bread or ectoplasm but I reckon I'd get the same results.

Making items still seems to work with smoke powder. Foaming doesn't seem to, though; I'm not certain if it ever did, actually. Putting milk and puke in a beaker and dumping the beaker also works, but it only makes one item of cheese as opposed to the multitudes the extinguisher made.

This may also be an intentional change in functionality, I'm not sure.
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...ght=cheese

here's a thread which also reports this issue
I haven't tested the other things the OP is reporting, but I can confirm that the extinguish button still doesn't spray the contents of the extinguisher all around you. I can also add that, yes, making ectoplasm through an extinguisher doesn't work.
I'd like to add to this. Using the extinguishers is a pain in the ass in general and I think it's bug related. Using it to help others or yourself is incredibly unreliable to the point of frustration, to the point grabbing foaming grenades and hoping you don't catch on fire more than the grenades you have is better somehow.

It's pretty silly.
Honestly, I just switch to the help intent and click on myself, and if that doesn't work I spray it forward and step into it and both seem to work fine usually.
After over six months, I still can't make cheese via the extinguisher method, whether by making cheese in the extinguisher or by making cheese in a beaker and then adding it into the extinguisher. Same with ectoplasm. Frank Stein's technique doesn't do anything, though at least beaker splashing and smoke powder still work. In possibly unrelated news, for some reason, urine works with foam, but not smoke powder.

Might be an intentional change, might just be a casualty of changes to extinguisher code. Haven't found much conversation about this, surprisingly.