Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Microscope Reagent Dripping does not do anything
[Image: SFOj4JS.png]
Shown above:
Me dripping mutadone into a petri dish with a mutation symptom, which should give a hint about which type of mutations it gives
It properly shows the "You can observe" text, but does not show anything extra.
I dripped the mutadone using a mechanical dropper

Not show:
Me dripping synthflesh for a wound mending symptom

This bug might only be affecting symptom-reagent reactions, I believe suppressant-reagent reactions still work as intended but I can't be sure.
I also have observed this

Though I always thought I was just doing it with not enough drops, or just was using the wrong reagent entirely

I would feel better if it was a bug
As the resident pathology nerd, I can confirm that this bug is occurring.
Can confirm as apprentice pathology nerd
Just reconfirmed last night

Had plasma farts symptom

Tried dripping phlog once, got the blue observe text but no results

Spammed the phlog dripper a ton of times to ensure I was using enough. Sometimes I had the blue text about observing (still no actual observation though). Other times I didnt even get through blue observation text at all,as if I hadn't dripped any reagent at all.

Also note that the mechanical droppers fill level never changed. It was a solid 5u. Tried setting it to both draw and drop, both settings allowed dripping onto the dish but neither actually removed reagents from the dropper.
(07-28-2018, 09:42 AM)Sov Wrote: Just reconfirmed last night

Had plasma farts symptom

Tried dripping phlog once, got the blue observe text but no results

Spammed the phlog dripper a ton of times to ensure I was using enough. Sometimes I had the blue text about observing (still no actual observation though). Other times I didnt even get through blue observation text at all,as if I hadn't dripped any reagent at all.

Also note that the mechanical droppers fill level never changed. It was a solid 5u. Tried setting it to both draw and drop, both settings allowed dripping onto the dish but neither actually removed reagents from the dropper.

I can confirm something similar happening with brute healing and synthflesh.

Also with Random Beneficial Mutations and mutadone.
Necro'ing this thread because this is still an issue and makes discerning helpful symptoms from bad ones almost impossible: for example, the way you're supposed to identify the 3 mutation t5 symptoms from each other is by dripping mutadone and observing the reaction: of course, with this bug, that's impossible.
Here's a bugfix patch:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=11352