Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Whoops Thread: Share your Ingame Mistakes
In one of my first security rounds, I spawned in, got all my gear together, stepped out in to the hallway, clicked my jumpsuit and dropped all of my weapons, tools and ID directly on to the floor in-front of the gathered assistants.

I just stood there nude trying to grab all my junk while they robbed me. Not my finest hour!
As soon as the patch that let dual firing guns that are in both hands came in, I was playing nuke ops and managed to have a rocket launcher in one hand and a shotgun in the other. I shot a staff assistant and managed to kill at 3 Syndi members not including myself. Not fun, remember to read patch notes!
Traitor, bought 2 boxes of tactical grenades and grabbed some mousetraps, started baiting them and shoving them in bushes, medkits, etc. Put one in my backpack in case Sec decided to search me.
Not more than 20 seconds later, I reach into my backpack.
Was doing chemistry, playing around with black powder. I ate several hundred units of it, went out into space, and set myself on fire. However, after about 2 minutes, nothing happened. I figured something went wrong so walked back into chemistry to experiment some more. Apparently, space was just keeping me too cold to explode because I walked back into chemistry, warmed up, and promptly blew the science wing to kingdom come.
I Discovered you can pour out chemistry made pill bottles entirely accidentally... With a bottle of roughly 5000 Super Diluted Super hairgrowium pills.
Instantly crashed the server, but thankfully it was near the start and an admin/codmin came in and fixed everything while I apologised and admitted to it over discord.
I semi-accidentally killed like six people with a spacker as a hardmode traitor.
Quote:fosstar Today at 1:28 PM
!mpm2 fosstar Yeah it should be this room http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap#l=183,193,1;z=2

here we see fosstar trying to reply to someones mentorhelp with themself as the address. needless to say it didn't work
I blew up half the nuke ops team with an RPG trying to take out the HoS. Whoops.
(07-26-2018, 11:10 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: I blew up half the nuke ops team with an RPG trying to take out the HoS. Whoops.
I firmly believe half the nukeops kit is designed to kill said nukeops.

I wonder whether sarin nades or rpgs have killed the most with friendly/accidental fire.
(07-26-2018, 07:46 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
!mpm2 fosstar Yeah it should be this room http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap#l=183,193,1;z=2

here we see fosstar trying to reply to someones mentorhelp with themself as the address. needless to say it didn't work

fuck
(07-27-2018, 07:58 AM)fosstar Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 07:46 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

fuck

This thread is gonna be a hot mess real fast if we start posting *other* peoples' in game fucksalts
Was helping a complete newbie fill the e-tank from his internals kit with oxygen to last the whole round by plugging it into a canister, cranking the valve open and maxing out the pressure. Easy-peasy.

...except I didn't have eyes on him and didn't say what COLOR of canister he should hook up to. Being new, he opens the valve before he plugs in his e-tank. Cue plasma flooding a major hallway, shortly becoming "OMG THE WHOLE STATION IS ON FIRE" when a mechanic blunders into the cloud with a lit welder.
I bought a shield generator from artifact lab. I accidentally turned it on when the shuttle was arrived. If the shield were on longer, litterally everyone would have died because of me. Funny thing is: I was the geneticist, and not even a traitor. Good news was that I now know a useful traitor tactic.
I threw a beaker of nitroglycerin
Last night I built a machine from pipes and mechcomp to automatically re-loaf loafs for a programmable number of times. The machine worked fine and the program ran for a good few minutes and then spat out a loaf the tier below what we were expecting, so I picked up the loaf, dragged it over to the flusher to reloaf a few more times, dropped it, hit the button... and became one with the loaf D'oh!

A few rounds later I flushed myself into the abyss in the middle of Oshan while wondering "hmm, I wonder how far you get launched from pipe ends?" Turns out the answer is far enough.

OSHA would have a field day with anything I build