Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Blobs need a buff
I've just come out of a blob experience and it's pretty miserable to play as now. Blob was rebalanced when we were playing on Cogmap2 which is a spacious map and gives blobs time to grow without being caught, but because server #2 seems to be permanently on Cog1 since mapvote was introduced, it's impossible not to be discovered quickly and gaining any kind of foothold is incredibly difficult as the crew is pretty quick at rounding up a good half dozen or so people to kill you, and you attacks are so weak and infrequent to to low biopoints that it's impossible to survive.

Also, blob overmind movement is simply too fast. I was moving two tiles every time I wanted to move one, which incredibly slowed down my rate of expansion.
Regarding the rate of expansion if you assign hotkeys it makes it so you can just click where you want to expand to
I have no problems with blobs, either playing them or fighting them.
Biggest problem with blob has always been the skill gap; one person's hell on earth is another person' cakewalk.

In most other antag roles, you can be Batman. Preptime and right of first blood can practically guarantee even the most unrobust of us can FUBAR the station with ease. Blob ain't like that, and I think it throws people off. There's no guarantee, and I kinda like that.

The one tip I can draw from good Cog1 blobbers is to care less about building a base and more about quick points and taking down priority targets, like Rocket up there.
Blobs are in a really good place right now, in my opinion. They're very skill-intensive, but that's a good thing.
Can blobs make new blobs and have an absorbed mind take over that blob so that you can have multiple players playing the "same" blob? Like how the changeling's hivemind can take control or play as critters. If that doesn't already exist, that would be the only change I'd want to see from blobs.
Sorry but this happened again. Found immediately, literally nothing I could do as the crew rushed me with lasers and flamethrowers within a minute. Cog1 again. Genuinely did not have the chance to do anything as the crew kept out of melee range.

I should also point out: I'm not bad at blob. I used to win a bunch. The nerf made sense when it was Cog2 only, but now 80% of rounds are Cog1. I haven't personally seen a blob victory in what must be a year.

Also, from the wiki:
"If you're unfortunate enough to get discovered extremely early and get your gelatinous ass kicked within roughly five minutes after spawning, you get a chance to respawn and try again from scratch. It's quite rare, but the clutch/"grace period" is there!"
This is either bugged or no longer true, as I died within about two minutes and got no respawn.
Blobs need an early game buff I think, late game they're fine.

Edit: Sorry I necro'd this. For some reason I didn't realize I was on page 27. Must have misclicked and didn't notice.