Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 1.92 Average
Scanning crusher with syndie analyzer should count as a crusher poke
Still don't like it. The traitor paid for that scanner and, lets face it, the crusher is typically the big ticket item to scan with it. Making it so that it risks not just the scanner but (very suspiciously) an arm is a bad idea in my opinion. I know it'd essentially ensure I'd never again choose the item.
This has been something that has been around for as long as I can remember, and I've never really seen it run into the ground or even as that much of a problem. You can even use deconstructors on the crushers to remove them. There's something way more devastating to the station that isn't that much harder to scan. Why go after crushers specifically? Rather than removing the ability to scan the crushers, I'd like to see more things to scan myself.

I don't think this is as bad as like His Grace was, where one person could easily kill the entire crew by themselves. I ran into people running around with that thing way more than I've ever run into people setting up crushers in the hallway and it's been gone for years already.
(08-13-2018, 07:06 PM)Erev Wrote: Still don't like it. The traitor paid for that scanner and, lets face it, the crusher is typically the big ticket item to scan with it. Making it so that it risks not just the scanner but (very suspiciously) an arm is a bad idea in my opinion. I know it'd essentially ensure I'd never again choose the item.

Make it possible to scan the scanner itself, so that if you don't take the time to backup your device it's on you
(08-13-2018, 07:06 PM)Erev Wrote: Still don't like it. The traitor paid for that scanner and, lets face it, the crusher is typically the big ticket item to scan with it. Making it so that it risks not just the scanner but (very suspiciously) an arm is a bad idea in my opinion. I know it'd essentially ensure I'd never again choose the item.

this
Anything that punishes a traitor for being a traitor is pretty shit. You effectively lose a third worth of TCs because the game decided "Fuck you, you don't get this".

There are more dangerous things to scan. The crusher is simply the most obvious, and on its own players not zip zooming everywhere can avoid it easily (I know I tend to start walking (if I'm not already) once someone shouts there's a crusher in the hallway).