Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flockmind ability idea: Waypoint
The NPC flockdrones are rather annoying to control, and priority tile doesn't help much, if at all, for long-distance.

So what I had in mind was an ability with 3 parts:

1. Set Waypoint (pretty straightforward, sets an area about 3x3 around the clicked tile as waypoint)

2. Assign Drones to Waypoint (click on drones, they'll get an icon with a flag or something)

3. Send Drones to Waypoint (drones will attempt to path to  the waypoint, removing their flags and the current waypoint location. If they're unable to reach the waypoint, they'll emit a grumpy beep of some sorts. Probably a good idea to priority tile doors beforehand.)

This would make it easier to expand outwards with Flockmind without having to tediously control drones yourself or tell on partitions.

Whether this is feasible to code or not is another thing.(imnotcoder)
(07-15-2018, 12:32 PM)MrMagolor Wrote: The NPC flockdrones are rather annoying to control, and priority tile doesn't help much, if at all, for long-distance.

So what I had in mind was an ability with 3 parts:

1. Set Waypoint (pretty straightforward, sets an area about 3x3 around the clicked tile as waypoint)

2. Assign Drones to Waypoint (click on drones, they'll get an icon with a flag or something)

3. Send Drones to Waypoint (drones will attempt to path to  the waypoint, removing their flags and the current waypoint location. If they're unable to reach the waypoint, theyllt emit a grumpy beep of some sorts. Probably a good idea to priority tile doors beforehand.)

This would make it easier to expand outwards with Flockmind without having to tediously control drones yourself or tell on partitions.

Whether this is feasible to code or not is another thing.(imnotcoder)

Having never seen flockmind in action, this sounds like a great idea! A Pope culture icon.
It's a nice wish. I'd love to have better controls like that for many things, like the AI controlling bots, but pathing is ass.

butt butt butt butt h4rdk0r3 455 butt butt butt butt
(08-03-2018, 06:15 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: It's a nice wish. I'd love to have better controls like that for many things, like the AI controlling bots, but pathing is ass.

butt butt butt butt h4rdk0r3 455 butt butt butt butt

Yeah, that's the main issue. I imagine maybe making some invisible thing that the selected drones start chasing until they're in the waypoint's vicinity: right now they just act like normal critter AI, which is hard to work with.