Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the Slow Metabolism Trait depletion rate the new default rate
Not much to it, I feel like that depletion rate is much better than the current default. More fun for survival, more fun for surgery, all around more fun.
It's also way worse for poisons. For example, ketamine or neurotoxin (a ling's sting will put you into crit, if you have slow metab, iirc).
Yeah, making slow metabolism the new default would require changing multiple chems so they don't completely screw you over and/or turn you into an invincible murdergod.
Idea: Add a metabolism boosting chem and a slowing chem to different things so we can synergize our drugs
(07-11-2018, 08:52 PM)Flourish Wrote: It's also way worse for poisons. For example, ketamine or neurotoxin (a ling's sting will put you into crit, if you have slow metab, iirc).

Neurotox is really the only toxin you'd see used normally that this might have an effect on. I have never really encountered ketamine though. I usually play with it on regardless of my job and it just feels mostly like healing/med stuff is more fun.
As one of the medics that gets to deal with the results of this kinda thing, please no. If you want hardmode ss13 for yourself then go for it.
Heck no from me, thanks.
(07-12-2018, 07:48 AM)Mordent Wrote: Heck no from me, thanks.
Make metabolism rate a chargen option, from 0.5x to 2x scaling slider or something
better idea remove survivalist food healing as a pickable trait and just give it to every organic player free so food is more relevant at all
(07-12-2018, 10:29 AM)misto Wrote: better idea remove survivalist food healing as a pickable trait and just give it to every organic player free so food is more relevant at all

What are the values for non-trait food healing vs with-trait food healing?
Slow metabolism in my opinion does more good than harm. Sure you get pwnt by poisons, but poisons tend to have dedicated chems to flush them, and for the most part any poison that'll kill you with slow metabolism will kill you just as easily otherwise. Neurotox still puts you at everyone's mercy with or without the trait. And, you can predose healchems beforehand more effectively; quaff some donks and coffee and you'll be a-ok for ages.
new idea: Add another trait that requires Slow Metabolism, and costs 1 instead of being free, but halves depletion rates again on top of the halving from Slow Metabolism. Also add Fast Metabolism, which doubles all depletion rates, and another 1 cost trait that requires Fast Metabolism and doubles them again.