Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Punch people with food
Patch here

If you're on harm intent, food no longer counts as valid for the purpose of forcefeeding people. This means you punch them with it instead. Yes, this includes loaves.
Punch it into their mouths
I'm just imagining this happening and it's amazing merge this asap:

Secofficer McGee smacks awfulworldkid with the pepperoni!
Secofficer McGee says, "STOP"
Secofficer McGee says, "BREAKING"
Secofficer McGee says, "THE"
Secofficer McGee says, "LAW"
OP with the higher-end loaves. Please account for this.
To be fair spyguy, it takes about the same amount of effort to throw a loaf as it does to hit people with a loaf so this doesn't bring in major balance issues, unless i'm not considering something?
(07-20-2018, 02:20 PM)fosstar Wrote: To be fair spyguy, it takes about the same amount of effort to throw a loaf as it does to hit people with a loaf so this doesn't bring in major balance issues, unless i'm not considering something?

You can't throw a strangelet loaf, but it has a force of 220.
(07-20-2018, 02:20 PM)fosstar Wrote: To be fair spyguy, it takes about the same amount of effort to throw a loaf as it does to hit people with a loaf so this doesn't bring in major balance issues, unless i'm not considering something?

Attacking someone by throwing a loaf requires two clicks, on to throw it, one to pick it back up. This means you effectively do double the damage with a loaf if you only need to click once for the same effect.

When using a strangelet loaf there is a chance it will fly away when you throw it at someone, by being able to simply click someone it defeats this weakness of a strangelet.

The biggest downside to throwing a loaf is that someone can pick it up, stealing it from you (see first point). By being able to hold it and do damage it becomes more difficult to steal it, since you need to get within melee range of the loaf and disarm the person. Of course sec may intervene, but for the average player they're probably toast.

Just a few off the cuff ideas.
Ah, sorry, thanks.
(07-20-2018, 02:49 PM)69andahalf Wrote: they're probably toast.

heh
One way to get around this issue would be to make it so that food item does not do damage this way, making the action entirely cosmetic.
Another idea would be to make an exception for the OP foods and make them do no damage.
I prefer the former.
(10-14-2018, 06:57 PM)sankto Wrote: One way to get around this issue would be to make it so that food item does not do damage this way, making the action entirely cosmetic.
Another idea would be to make an exception for the OP foods and make them do no damage.
I prefer the former.
this would make food smackage like the cardboard borg tube, right? +1
make punching something with a superloaf cause your arm to fly off instead
Yeah I like Berrik's idea. If you try to hit someone with the loaf directly, you have a chance to have your arm gibbed from the sheer force of the impact.