Awfulworldkid Mentor App 3: Electric Boogaloo
My first thought would've been a "yes" since I don't recall any bad interactions with you, but after reading your application and the rest of these comments I feel I gotta say "no".

To be honest, I don't care much about people applying having a great deal of knowledge about the game or goonstation in particular. There are enough mentors around already to answer questions and if an applicant was accepted, then they will probably play long enough afterwards to be able to know enough to answer mentorhelps.

All that "Help the community nonsense" that everyone says in these apps always sounds really insincere to me, but maybe I'm just a cynic. I feel like being a Mentor here mostly means that you will play in good faith (play to make everyone have fun, most of the time) and you're not going to be an asshole for no reason(That's not to say that you can't yell at people for turning you into a lizard-man or beat someone up for stealing your PDA). But that's pretty general and most people do that anyway.

Other than that I think the most important part of being a Mentor is being accommodating to new players. And that's really the crux of the issue for me. I don't want to say that it's something you have or don't, but this game is intimidating enough without nerds yelling at you and beating you up for not being enough of a nerd to know everything about this game yet. And if you have a problem with people being incompetent on goon2 and one of your first instincts isn't to help them learn then I don't really know why you'd want to be a Mentor at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Awfulworldkid Mentor App 3: Electric Boogaloo - by kyle2143 - 07-12-2018, 01:11 AM