Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antagonist idea: The Follower
(07-06-2018, 12:13 AM)Technature Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 05:55 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 04:37 PM)Recusor Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 04:37 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: You are all missing the very obvious best way to pass the curse on: By facefarting on someone.

Well problem fucking solved id say

this is better than anything it could be

This is perfect implement this immediately.

the only part of this that i couldnt picture was transferring by shoving, but transferring by face-farting is a great idea
Additional research material - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Regarding people walling themselves off- additional ability idea, able to destroy or move through walls slowly?
(07-06-2018, 05:05 AM)Recusor Wrote: Additional research material - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Regarding people walling themselves off- additional ability idea, able to destroy or move through walls slowly?

that's how i pictured your "basically corporeal but doors maybe idk" part of the pitch. 
Just let them go through walls and whatnot, but at like 1/10 speed , real dramatically like. 
Leave bloodstains on the wall where they came through, only visible by the cursed.
(07-06-2018, 05:22 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Leave bloodstains on the wall where they came through, only visible by the cursed.

Amazing!

Additionally, this could solve what I imagined as a teleport problem - what if you as the Follower were teleported into space, or a wall or something when you use the ability.
(07-05-2018, 10:05 AM)Recusor Wrote: Thoughts welcome on how the curse could be transferred in game

You have to push them to the ground and fart in their face
All fun and games until some greytider convinces research to send them to that one sumarian location so that the follower either becomes marooned there or can never find their victim.

Bonus points if this is actually one method of completing the round, baiting the follower into walking into a location that kills them.
Holy shit what if we could use runes with this potentially too? A rune to trap it somehow so it could be damaged or destroyed?

atomicf1re, you raise a very good point in that this type of antagonist likely would not be able to be allowed to, or at least be made drastically less effective in, other Z levels. Being able to walk through walls in the Adventure Zone might be problematic :P
(07-06-2018, 10:47 AM)Recusor Wrote: Holy shit what if we could use runes with this potentially too? A rune to trap it somehow so it could be damaged or destroyed?

atomicf1re, you raise a very good point in that this type of antagonist likely would not be able to be allowed to, or at least be made drastically less effective in, other Z levels. Being able to walk through walls in the Adventure Zone might be problematic :P

Not that big a deal since there's killzones all around each area
I don't think this would work well as an antag except maybe in mixed rounds. Being unable to even be interacted with by 90% of the station pop and no way to make it vulnerable to such a thing (see wraiths and salt) would make for a very boring round and most of the crew probably won't even notice or care.
Would it need to be an actual antagonist? Why not an NPC who follows the same basic rules, ala the strange figure from the King in Yellow?
(07-07-2018, 10:41 AM)Grek Wrote: Would it need to be an actual antagonist? Why not an NPC who follows the same basic rules, ala the strange figure from the King in Yellow?

I too like this better as an game-event, rather then a player-role.
Making a whole antagonist role requires lots of code and lots of balancing, just so that one player can get stuck playing a weird version of the wrath.
But as a game mechanic, this is very simple. It would be just like THE SHARK, but when you fart on somebody's face, it switches to the new target.
(07-07-2018, 01:12 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 10:41 AM)Grek Wrote: Would it need to be an actual antagonist? Why not an NPC who follows the same basic rules, ala the strange figure from the King in Yellow?

Making a whole antagonist role requires lots of code and lots of balancing, just so that one player can get stuck playing a weird version of the wrath.
But as a game mechanic, this is very simple. It would be just like THE SHARK, but when you fart on somebody's face, it switches to the new target.

I like that too, but I don't know how it should be added.  The Shark is just and admin verb for killing someone they don't like, not a random event. And this seems exceptionally more dangerous than a random event like meteors. It would be a little more like that one mob from the void or disaster called eldritch figure or something. Also it will definitely need a way to kill it if it's going to be an AI that is just going to follow you. Like there should be a way for the crew to help you out and fight it.
(07-07-2018, 01:34 PM)kyle2143 Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 01:12 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:

I like that too, but I don't know how it should be added.  The Shark is just and admin verb for killing someone they don't like, not a random event. And this seems exceptionally more dangerous than a random event like meteors. It would be a little more like that one mob from the void or disaster called eldritch figure or something. Also it will definitely need a way to kill it if it's going to be an AI that is just going to follow you. Like there should be a way for the crew to help you out and fight it.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10502

What if victims all shared a hivemind. Or at least the makings of a hivemind. Alternatively a victim with a shared conscious can share their follower sightings with anyone in that SC. You now have an army of follower seers.