Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvements to the latejoin job selection screen
A portrait and description for each job that would show up when moused over or something like that.
also let us fucking close it

i'm very indecisive and then i worry that a job has been taken while im thinking and then i have to like, reconnect entirely or whatever just to reset it
I mean it'd be nice, but as a low-priority/low-effort only thing. It'd certainly give a better impression.

(07-01-2018, 06:01 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: also let us fucking close it

i'm very indecisive and then i worry that a job has been taken while im thinking and then i have to like, reconnect entirely or whatever just to reset it
IIRC you can just click on the link again to refresh it. F5 probably works too. I would like the ability to close it tho, as it's bugged out on me before and stayed open.

I think if you click on a job and it's been taken, it just asks you to select something else.

It happened to me but it's been a couple of months so can't say for sure.
(07-01-2018, 05:31 PM)Technature Wrote:

I think if you click on a job and it's been taken, it just asks you to select something else.

It happened to me but it's been a couple of months so can't say for sure.

If a job is taken, it will simply dissapear from the selection menu.
I would very much enjoy a late-join AI button. AI is frequently vacant, but due to the way the assignment is scripted, not a late-join option.
(07-08-2018, 09:06 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I would very much enjoy a late-join AI button. AI is frequently vacant, but due to the way the assignment is scripted, not a late-join option.

I guess the issue is that AI can't move, so if it spawns in and the satellite was used to test a can bomb or something, what then? Maybe it could arrive on shuttle as a shipment from NT, but that would require relying on the kindness of others to set you up
Latejoining as an AI is cool but I can't think of any real way to implement it that doesn't require other players not being asshats.
(07-08-2018, 11:53 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 09:06 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: late-join AI
if it spawns in and the satellite was used to test a can bomb or something, what then?
Then what what? Afaik, the AI core doesn't need to be bolted to a floor to function, need air or be kept warm. So it would be fine, just a little exposed.

Blowing up an essential section of the station isn't any more or any less of an antagonist-only action then blowing up any other part of the station. And if you are trying specifically to kill the core, then having a massive hole there is good preparation.
Allow people to join as AI only if there is a 'vacant' and ready core. Not only does it allow an AI to come in, it lets them come in if the core has been rebuilt elsewhere. Or multiple AI if multiple cores were built....
(07-11-2018, 10:14 PM)Erev Wrote: Allow people to join as AI only if there is a 'vacant' and ready core. Not only does it allow an AI to come in, it lets them come in if the core has been rebuilt elsewhere. Or multiple AI if multiple cores were built....

In addition to this, maybe make AI-less rounds then start with a brainless core where the ai should be?
(07-11-2018, 10:14 PM)Erev Wrote: Allow people to join as AI only if there is a 'vacant' and ready core. Not only does it allow an AI to come in, it lets them come in if the core has been rebuilt elsewhere. Or multiple AI if multiple cores were built....

Yeah this is good.
  1. Even if there is no roundstart AI, have a vacant core in the AI room for a latejoiner to jump into
  2. Add the ability to fabricate Neural Net Processors that can be put into cyborgs or AI cores that latejoiners can enter.
I like the idea of late join AI alot. Having the ability as roboticist to create more options for late joiners sounds super cool.