Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 'Request HoS'-button for Cops
So now that not every mentor is a HoS (and vice versa), spamming the mentor channel with HoS requests seems rude. DON'T SPAM MENTOR THREAD.

Calling for backup also sounds like something that guards should do, rather then panicing at the sounds of shambling horrors and wizards blowing up the station, and then chairing a greyshirt 'on a hunch'.
(07-08-2018, 09:12 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: So now that not every mentor is a HoS (and vice versa), spamming the mentor channel with HoS requests seems rude.

People did this?

That kiiiinda seems like an abuse of mentorhelp.
(07-08-2018, 09:12 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: So now that not every mentor is a HoS (and vice versa), spamming the mentor channel with HoS requests seems rude.

I really don't think this is a thing. Mentors feel free to chime in.
I certainly didn't think it was. But I've been an HoS since before mentors were added.

I just looked at the applications forums and there are still different applications for mentors and HoS's so I don't think he's right.
About maybe 3 months ago, to be an HoS you also had to be a mentor, but to be a mentor, you didn't have to be an HoS. Now, you don't have to be a mentor to be an HoS.
(07-08-2018, 11:12 AM)InternetDweller Wrote: About maybe 3 months ago, to be an HoS you also had to be a mentor, but to be a mentor, you didn't have to be an HoS. Now, you don't have to be a mentor to be an HoS.

Though all mentors are free to play as HoS on fridays, regardless on whether or not they are approved.

Still, I haven't noticed anyone doing that in mentorhelps
This is not a thing that happens in mentor help and if someone did this they would be yelled at. Also I think the whole HoS/Mentor split thing is DUMB but thats just me.
This is the first I'm hearing this. Where are you getting your info?

Anyways, a button that asks for assistance isn't the worst idea, but I think HoS might not be the best choice. If someone wants to HoS, they'll probably just latejoin, and bugging them into it isn't the best idea.
Sounds like a watered down "Send in The TURDS! " button.

HoS aren't particularly special now. It's not like calling one in is going to change the situation when one of our regulars decides to minmax and has a (likely) 30 minute head start. It'd be better to work on the imbalance that causes the demand for such things.
If I ever got pings to join as a HoS on Discord I would more than likely mute mentor chat forever.
(07-08-2018, 11:12 AM)InternetDweller Wrote: About maybe 3 months ago, to be an HoS you also had to be a mentor,
Is also roughly the time-frame of my absence, yes.

Considering the response to bothering mentors about HoS, I guess I talked myself into the idea that it was a normal thing.
I hope I didn't start some shit.

(07-08-2018, 01:14 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: It'd be better to work on the imbalance that causes the demand for such things.
Well, mainly it would be easy access to the armory, which could be quite the game-changer during a nuke-ops round. But there is a reason that thing is usually locked down.
Is there really anything in the armory that warrants a special babysitter? Pre-nerf shotguns used to, but how about now?

If there isn't, then the responsibility could be divested.
(07-09-2018, 05:40 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Is there really anything in the armory that warrants (it?)

According to the wiki (and afaik that particular page is up to date), varying a bit in amounts based on the map:
  • Lasers
  • Shotguns
  • Phasers
  • tranquilizer rifle (with darts not .308 bullets)
  • 40mm grenade launcher
    • Smoke grenades
    • Flash-bangs
    • riot (stinger) grenades
    • Cryo grenades
    • Incendiary grenades
  • Flamethrower
  • Flare guns
  • N2O canister (and internals)
  • Riot Armor
  • Bomb Disposal Armor
  • Thermal scanners
  • Electro packs
  • Loyalty Implants
And on any decent map, an extra Comms console (lookin at you, donut-play-on-this-donut).

I don't really know what power level that is at; I've never seen it opened in a proper emergency.
don't forget the pod lasers and pod seeking HE shells.