Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pod Fixes That Are Needed
. People in pods have literally no way of knowing who else is in the pod unless they speak. Like, you can't just look around and see who is sitting next to you?
. People driving pods can't eject the dude who is just waiting for them to leave it in order to blast said driver to bits and fly off.

These seriously need a fix.
there also needs to be a way to eject dropped items
I believe if you leave the Pod, all dropped items are ejected as well.
Embolism Wrote:I believe if you leave the Pod, all dropped items are ejected as well.
This. Your character also has to clean out any blood or vomit puddles inside on boarding too, which is a nice touch.
Hey all, got a few pod bugs/suggestions (or maybe features?) to bring up.

- Space travel is great in pods except when trying to zone to other regions of space through the borders of the map. You most of the time just stop at the border and its as if you've run into a wall.

- While in a pod, you cannot get your local coordinates using a GPS, you need to stop, exit the pod and then you can get you coordinates. Makes locating objects/locations in space a bit tedious.

- I would like a pod locking system, that you would install like any of the other parts (Sensors, cargo hold, weapons, etc...) that you could have it register to your ID card ( not job specific, but person specific) so only you can access the controls (or get in for that matter). I say only as a separate system so that it is only in the pods you put your hard work (blood, sweat, tears and all that) and maybe the authority figure's pods ( the captain and HoS should have the system installed on theirs as well). I'd also recommend making the system hackable in some difficult way for our less then lawful crew mates.

Thanks for reading.
I dunno about automatically adding the pod-locking system. For one thing, breaking into the bridge hanger and stealing that pod is a time-honored tradition. For another, if you give it to the bridge pod you'd need to give it to the syndicate pod too, and there's simply too much fun in stealing the syndiepod and sneaking up on stupid operatives to give them a double-barrel blast of JUSTICE.

What if it's just available in the pod fabricator, and no pods start off with it? So if anyone actually gives a shit about it, there's a way for them to lock their pod, but otherwise people can still steal and have fun with pods.

Also, it should take the place of a secondary system, so you can't use it and a cargo hold at the same time. Make it more of a trade-off, instead of something everyone just automatically takes as a matter of course.
Yeah, I could agree with that. I only said to install it in the commanding vehicles because they start with access to very strong weaponry, but yeah I think that is the better decision.
Frozenkuma Wrote:Yeah, I could agree with that. I only said to install it in the commanding vehicles because they start with access to very strong weaponry, but yeah I think that is the better decision.
Actually, the bridge pod only has a box near it with phasers and tasers in it. To get the lasers, you have to rob the armory too.
More pod bugs:
  • Currently action can be only taken on the lower left corner of the pod. This is very annoying when trying to robust a pod that is shooting at you with a melee weapon.
  • When you get out, you always land in the lower left. This means that when the shuttle arrives, it is very hard to land your pod in a place where you can easily get on the shuttle if you're not wearing a jetpack. This is less of a bug and more of an annoyance, really.
Cogs has explained this before, it's not a bug. Cogs write the pods to do that. Byond only recognizes 32x32 objects, he cheated a bit to make the pod 64x64, therefore for a bunch of things Byond only recognizes a single tile as actually belonging to the pod. As far as I know, that was the only way a 64x64 pod could be implemented. Otherwise we'd all be stuck with miniputts.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Cogs has explained this before, it's not a bug. Cogs write the pods to do that. Byond only recognizes 32x32 objects, he cheated a bit to make the pod 64x64, therefore for a bunch of things Byond only recognizes a single tile as actually belonging to the pod. As far as I know, that was the only way a 64x64 pod could be implemented. Otherwise we'd all be stuck with miniputts.

It could work on the same principle as TK. Hardly anything is impossible, it's a question of effort.
The 32x32 lower left hotspot thing isn't intentional, it's a known problem, I just don't really know how to get around it. (note: I am a bad coder)

Maybe someone else can figure something out though? It would be nice to fix that, I just don't really know how to figure out a work around for it myself.