Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Changes to Gang
So gang at least in my opinion is kind of boring...

It's based on how publicly placed your locker is and who has the better name so that they can rapidly recruit followers that then run off in different directions spray painting walls and spacing the smaller gang

Instead I think it could be better if we changed things to make it more engaging...keep in mind this is mostly just me brainstorming so other ideas are welcome
  • Gangs have a limited size and spawn with members preassigned like how synides spawn. It would also be nice if they had those little square tags like syndies have to easily spot one another. If a member dies another crew member can be recruited after a certain amount of time to backfill.
  • Gangs don't fight for turf by spray painting random walls anymore
  • Gangs have objectives in their gang pda similar to spy theif.  Ideas on objectives below. Some objectives are vs each other, some are versus the crew
  • Completing objectives gives random traitor gear from a limited selection of items
  • All gang members spawn as staff assistants wearing their gang colors. This provides a level playing field to start the game with rather than one team getting all access right off the bat
  • Gang hq is set automatically. No more locker in the middle of central hall, ideally these would be in maintenance areas like the drug dens or pre themed gang area like in cog2

Objective ideas:

Ransom - Both gangs are alerted of a kidnapping job. They are each notified of a target from the enemy team or even just from the crew. They must kidnap the target, ALIVE, and bring them to a specified location for ransom. After a set amount of time the gang is rewarded with some traitor gear and the target is warped to his home hq or if it's just crew member to arrivals (no way the crew is going to rp a release...).

Shakedown - similar to spythief both gangs are alerted of a high value target. They must work together with their allies against the other gang to secure the target. It might be an object like the clowns shoes, or something more personal, like the clowns left eye

Sabotage / protection - one gang is given a small explosive with a timer and a target such as an apc or the cloner. The other gang is alerted that they've been hired to protect several objects on the station, one of which is the target. Destroying the object in the time limit is considered a success. Using the provided explosive isn't required, just meant to be helpful.

Assassination / Bodyguard - One gang is assigned a witness in an upcoming space trial to silence permanently. The other gang is hired to defend them. The challenge ends when time is up, the target dies, or if the target flees the station (this results in a win for the assassins)

Shipment - a shipment of illegal goods has arrived somewhere on station in the form of several heavy crates. Both teams must attempt to transport them back to their hq to collect the mystery rewards inside (weapons, drugs, gang bees, whatever you think would be fun)
Personally, my biggest issue with gang is the fact that there is no way to replace lost gangs and gang members. Inevitably, one gang will rise to the top and outright slaughter the others.

Thus, a proposal: gang lockers should act as automated cloning pods for members of that gang. If a gangster dies for any reason except suicide, they will immediately start regrowing (complete with gang outfit) inside the locker.
Thus, gangs would be effectively immortal, albeit with a long respawn timer.

This would provide a strong incentive for ordinary crew members to join a gang while also placing a greater emphasis on security's role in the game mode since sec officers could permanently remove gangsters from the round by brigging them.

If security is too weak in the face of immortality, give the HoS's locker the same ability as a gang locker during gang rounds.
I really like the ideas of having objectives, a set base, and a full gang with recruitment being for replacing members.

I especially like objectives that involve nongang members being attacked or protected by the other Gangs. Gives you an incentive to want to join the rivals of the gang that's been hassling you