Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Mafia" gamemode
a long time ago i used to play a game called Mafia online (the party game) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game) and wondered how well it would translate to ss13. 

to break it down there are 3 distinct factions with their own win conditions. however, only the mafia know the identity of their fellow mafioso. the villagers do not know eachothers roles except for those who work together during the night. 

VILLAGER - the townspeople. your goal is to eliminate the mafia presence from your town by voting them to be lynched. doctors protect other townsfolk during the night from harm. cops investigate other villagers to discern their guilt. however there are insane cops in the mix (to a regular cop, towners come up as innocent, mafia as guilty, towners come up as guilty and mafia come up as innocent) drunkard roleblocks, tracker tracks targets at night to see who they visited 

MAFIA - the mafia who have passed themselves off as villagers. your goal is to outnumber the villagers. there's the janitor who when they go to kill somebody with the mafia, the target's role information is hidden. disguiser, as the name suggests, disguises themselves as the target. hooker can roleblock  at night, stalker tracks targets at night to see who they visited

THIRD PARTY - unique 1-person roles that have a variety of goals. cultists convert other villagers to the cult (they can joint-win with the mafia but it's more advantageous to eliminate the cult. if the head cultist dies, the rest die with him) fool wins if he is successfully voted to be lynched, lyncher wins if his specific target is lynched, killer wins if he's the last man standing
Aren't all rounds like mafia?
I was told that ss13 is basically mafia for turbo nerds.

Is this wrong information?
while various ss13 modes do have mafia like features, theres nothing wrong with trying to speculate on a mode that is closer to the source, if you really think you can differentiate it from the other modes well enough
I like it but have no idea how you could make it self regulating.