Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Occlupanidae for Certified Hydroponics-Fresh "Food" Products!
So picture this.
You're sitting in the bar munching on a Deep-Fried Deep-Fried Cheese Sandwich, Deep-Fried Cheese Sandwich and Cheese Sandwich Sandwich, minding your own business, when suddenly the whole station shakes. The radio comes alive with calls of "BOMBING IN MEDBAY" and "CLONING IS GONE" when you realise oh wait I set those bombs. time to run! - 

but WAIT! This sandwich is only 2 bites in! 
If only you had a convenient way to preserve your leftover food without the horrible, immersion-breaking meta shellshock of putting an unwrapped, loose and greasy dagwood in your backpack. Yuck! 

Presenting the ever-useful, nearly-non-toxic  occlupanid! (Sprited by LovelyMimic)
[Image: C41bFI5.png]
Simply take one out of the jar mother the barman keeps on hand, wrap your goodies in handwave magic cellophane from nowhere and VOILA! Your Deep-Fried Deep-Fried Cheese Sandwich, Deep-Fried Cheese Sandwich and Cheese Sandwich Sandwich is now a convenient and hygienic Bagged Deep-Fried Deep-Fried Cheese Sandwich, Deep-Fried Cheese Sandwich and Cheese Sandwich Sandwich. 

Use an Occlupanid on any food item to turn it into a Bagged X, Wrapped X, or  X in a bag. 
Use your bagged food in-hand to unwrap it and drop the Occlupanid on the floor like a monster. 
OR: click yourself with bagged food to eat it, bread clip and all, for a little extra oomph and mild brute damage! 

Impress all your friends with your new Deep-Fried Bagged Wrapped Deep-Fried Bagged Cheese Sandwich, Deep-Fried Occlupanid and Jhon Warcrimes' Best Moldy Burger Sandwich in a bag pizza in a bag

Rate 5 stars and receive a free cellophane bag!
WOWEE - Does it also prevent ants from getting on food, if its bagged and left on the ground?!
(07-05-2018, 11:18 AM)Recusor Wrote: WOWEE - Does it also prevent ants from getting on food, if its bagged and left on the ground?!

oh yeah i almost forgot this would be the actual main stated reason to use them, even though ants are usually a desired thing and really anything goes for more prefixes and suffixes. 

But yeah I'd bill it as halfway between a box and a deep-fry shell. 

It should stay technically edible but not spawn ants. Spriting the actual bag overlay might be a bitch because different food has different sizes, but perhaps just making the tint of the sprite slightly plasticky and adding the 'pannid will do.
i'm for this mostly just because that pitch was so good
Why not just wack the food with paper to wrap it?

Or maybe aluminum foil? Gives us a way to make those hats, and the foil could be folded into fun shapes like a swan
Wrap the authentication disk in erebite foil.
foods left unwrapped for too long should develop mold, the ants should get inside it instead of just on the tile, etc. etc.
It's been sprited, and give that giftwrap already exists, this should not be too intensive to add?