Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentor suggestion
Because sometimes I like to observe the round while tabbed out and doing other things, but I don't want to miss any mentorhelps, there should be a toggleable option for mentors to play a sound every time someone mentorhelps.
I would like this

It should be different from the ahelp sound though
I agree. Sometimes I go into space as a ghost to mute non-important station sounds and alt-tab to watch YouTube videos while waiting for round-end. I wouldn't mind a toggleable mentorhelp sound, as it only takes a second to tab back in and answer one most of the time.
(07-09-2018, 10:42 AM)robertGN Wrote: I agree. Sometimes I go into space as a ghost to mute non-important station sounds and alt-tab to watch YouTube videos while waiting for round-end. I wouldn't mind a toggleable mentorhelp sound, as it only takes a second to tab back in and answer one most of the time.

Have you considered just being in the relevant IRC/Discord channel?
(07-09-2018, 11:37 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:42 AM)robertGN Wrote: I agree. Sometimes I go into space as a ghost to mute non-important station sounds and alt-tab to watch YouTube videos while waiting for round-end. I wouldn't mind a toggleable mentorhelp sound, as it only takes a second to tab back in and answer one most of the time.

This may have what you want as you can set discord to make a sound whenever there is a new post. You can also set it so only mentor chat makes this sound. Mentor chat also shows mentorhelps.
(07-09-2018, 11:42 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:37 AM)Mordent Wrote:

This may have what you want as you can set discord to make a sound whenever there is a new post. You can also set it so only mentor chat makes this sound. Mentor chat also shows mentorhelps.
I have Discord constantly open, and immediately check notifications in case a friend is trying to contact me. With the volume of mentorhelp messages we have, it would dramatically increase the amount of "false alarm" sounds I would get.

IRC notifications are a bit more distinct, so I'll probably settle for that. Thank you for the suggestions Ed and Mordent.

I still do believe that a toggleable mentorhelp sound wouldn't be that bad of a thing, if only for the fact that I personally get a bit tunnel-visioned around the more window-based jobs like scientist and geneticist.
As somebody who plays ss13 in a vm on a pc from 2007 This feature would be absolutely amazing as discord takes up a ton of memory and CPU cycles.