Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Audio Emotes showing on comms [RP1]
Considering you have to type ; before it goes over radio, I always assumed there was some kind of button you pressed. Especially since you have the option to have an always on mic.

I figured, most people on the station actually can tell each other's voices apart, which is why we know someone isn't who their ID says they are when they speak with an obscured face.

But screams I figured were vague enough that at best you could tell if it was a man or woman
(07-05-2018, 08:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: But screams I figured were vague enough that at best you could tell if it was a man or woman

Could be handled through some bullshit flag where you can tell who is screaming over the radio if you've seen the person scream before.
(07-06-2018, 05:38 AM)Superlagg Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 08:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: But screams I figured were vague enough that at best you could tell if it was a man or woman

Could be handled through some bullshit flag where you can tell who is screaming over the radio if you've seen the person scream before.

still think it should just send the audio cue only, slightly filtered so its obviously from a radio. 

a) less chat spam, which is an argument against this idea 
b) mysterious ( "who was that? do you need help?" ) 
c) stack a pile of radios and fart on them.