Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Audio Emotes showing on comms [RP1]
Self Explanatory, I think it would give us a chance to show more of our characters exasperation, anger, etc. I imagine some people will turn away from comms only for everyone to hear their screams through their mic.
Yes please.
Explosions being heard over the radio please.
Farting on an open mic should play that fart (more quietly) on radios.
Or louder in the case of chapel loudspeakers
big parp.
I want to be able to fart and scream as much as I please without spamming the radio comms.

Please no.
I'm conflicted. I think it should be possible, but should have a cooldown and require something like ":hs *burp". Also, farting into your headset should require the headset to be in hand and, ideally, make it smell for minutes. This is too much to ask for, but it sounds funny so I let it rip anyways.

Really though, we probably can't have nice things because of what Noah cautioned.
i just want a few emotes to be visible over the radio so i dont have to enclose my dramatic radio gasps within tacky hyphens
have one of the wires when opened be a “sound filter” which lets emotes come through when cut
(07-04-2018, 12:19 PM)Newtonsolo Wrote: have one of the wires when opened be a “sound filter” which lets emotes come through when cut

This is good. And make spamming it an offense against space law so security can arrest abusers and confiscate their radios.
I know it would be annoying for many people but yes I want to be able to scream over the radios.
Presumably we wouldn't know who was making noises over the radio, so anything like a scream would be identity free.
(07-04-2018, 05:12 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Presumably we wouldn't know who was making noises over the radio, so anything like a scream would be identity free.

maybe, or 
Quote:[145.9] Jhon Warcrimes screams! 
Radios go by the voice (since we have voice changers and such that change your name on the radio) and anonymous screaming coming through is a lot creepier than knowing who's doing it, I think.
I always assumed we had some sort of identifier for comms, given how we can tell who's who with garbled speech and whatnot.

Besides, when I was in the habit of playin' regularly I could tell people apart by their screams and farts.
This subject raises the question of how comms work, when you think about it. The mic isnt always picking junk up, so that means there must be some manual control. But I'm pretty sure you can still talk over headsets with no limbs or when cuffed/straightjacketed etc etc. So how do they work????
(07-05-2018, 08:23 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: This subject raises the question of how comms work, when you think about it. The mic isnt always picking junk up, so that means there must be some manual control. But I'm pretty sure you can still talk over headsets with no limbs or when cuffed/straightjacketed etc etc. So how do they work????

I assume it's like Star Trek tech where the comms computer just *knows* you're adressing it and starts pickup before you even open your maw