Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Atmos treats doors like they're closed even if they're open
example image: https://imgur.com/a/P8j9XHu
as far as i can tell, doors act like walls when they're opened.
it's pretty easy to reproduce. just put a hole in a room, open a door and check the atmos levels of the room and the room behind the open door.
I feel like this is a feature. It would be very annoying if escape vented every round because someone opened an airlock.
wait I'm a bit confused

I've noticed the exact opposite behavior since Zewaka's changes

it used to be that doors open or closed acted as air barriers, but now I see gas easily flowing between rooms ever since the change

I will have to experiment some in-game...
(07-01-2018, 05:51 PM)Sov Wrote: wait I'm a bit confused

I've noticed the exact opposite behavior since Zewaka's changes

it used to be that doors open or closed acted as air barriers, but now I see gas easily flowing between rooms ever since the change

this happened on goon 1 about thirty minutes before this thread was posted. maybe the patch was pushed after this thread was made?
(07-01-2018, 05:38 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I feel like this is a feature.

no

(07-01-2018, 10:36 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: maybe the patch was pushed after this thread was made?

no

(07-01-2018, 05:51 PM)Sov Wrote: it used to be that doors open or closed acted as air barriers, but now I see gas easily flowing between rooms ever since the change

same

same
Hm.

Could this've been the reason why you'd have to delete one of the floors under the exhaust route for the combustion chambers in order for them to work properly?
This has been a thing for so long I assumed it was an intentional change. I think space wind stopped interfering with airlock traversal before cogmap2 was released.
I've experienced it both ways in the last few days.
Sometimes, there is heavy wind from opening an airlock, sometimes none at all.
Is there a difference between airlocks and doors?