Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bring Vampires back to RP 1
A character with this role can be a loner, a pretty boy, or a host to very lucrative RP. I think the latter would be quite enjoyable. Not saying that there isn't more you can do with it, but I think we can all see the potential appeal in befriending a bloodsucker and then using their powers to rob banks. Getting mauled because you only gave them a 30% cut of the payoff. The janitor passing by and questioning why he gets to slack off today. This is just an example scenario elaborating on why exactly I think vampires have a lot of potential regarding roleplay. I hope you guys can see my point and agree as well.
I was unaware that Vampire wasn't on goon1, if so it should be. Vampire offers great fun/rp value for an antag.

And I think it would work especially well since Vampire is generally the weakest antagonist and goon1 rounds are slower and people are more chill.
Pretty sure vampire is in 1. Had a vamp round a week or two ago. Or did removing wizard also remove vampire somehow?
(06-30-2018, 08:11 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Pretty sure vampire is in 1. Had a vamp round a week or two ago. Or did removing wizard also remove vampire somehow?

I don't have any verification on this, but since mixed got nixed from intrigue, and vampires only appear in mixed, they got removed from RP1 as well.
Yeah, vampires only appear in game modes that can also spawn wizards, and those were all taken out in order to remove the latter antag type.

Sorta feel like the removal of wizard was a little bit knee-jerky (happened shortly after a round with two really, really bad wizards), and the loss of vampire as a result of it really stings. also this might be confirmation bias but I think losing some game modes may have increased the frequency of extended rounds *scream
I agree Strongly because I always counted vamp as one of my favourite RP antagonists
(and also because I had a vampire gimmick for RP1 I never got a chance to do)
Vampire is, in my opinion, the best antagonist for RP.

Of course, I've also been DMing a Curse of Strahd campaign, so I may be biased.
Id like some weaker variants of S2 antags on S1, the Vampire would probably need a buff before we punish them with RP
vampire has been on rp1 in the past and i havent really seen a problem. it doesnt really need a buff iirc.
I'd like to side reference the whitelisted antag due to time thing we talked about in the wizard thread since vampire's attached to wizards.

Vampires - as with any other antag - don't necessarily need to be nerfed just for RP. Really, even conspirator is a terrifying foe when handled by someone who wants you dead. The only 'nerf' i could see giving vampires would be making draining a little slower, and even then antags who don't want their targets dead will be responsible and do their best to keep from killing them.

Montgommery Scott was a damn fine vampire the last time I saw a vampire on G1, had everyone scared and sec hunting his ass down, was great, and that's without nerfs, just with a responsible player.

[sorry fosstar if i spelled his name wrong]
Was jokin bout nerfs considering that vampirrs are a nerfed version of Hard Mode (Unless that got changed while I was bricked)
(07-05-2018, 12:33 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Was jokin bout nerfs considering that vampirrs are a nerfed version of Hard Mode (Unless that got changed while I was bricked)

They're pretty dang strong. Stuns, knockouts, stun resistance, mindslaves, teleportation, invisibility... there's more I haven't listed. And they've been like that for years. What do you mean by "nerfed version of Hard Mode"?
(07-05-2018, 03:12 PM)Avack Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 12:33 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Was jokin bout nerfs considering that vampirrs are a nerfed version of Hard Mode (Unless that got changed while I was bricked)

They're pretty dang strong. Stuns, knockouts, stun resistance, mindslaves, teleportation, invisibility... there's more I haven't listed. And they've been like that for years. What do you mean by "nerfed version of Hard Mode"?

They're pretty weak and have a lot of limitations. Starting out, they are basically the weakest antagonist, their starting flash ability isn't very long and unless the person isn't wearing a mask and helmet you're not going to be able to get them before they cry out.

If they have the time/blood/opportunity to thrall someone then that can be its most powerful ability, but it has a very high cost. 

Just a month or so ago I had a round where it was me vs a fully powered vampire on the shuttle where I had a bunch of genetics powers. Those powers trounced the Vampire completely. 

Vampires need a buff or something on goon2, but I think they will be fine on goon1 Maybe if Vampires could get more health/stamina/stun resist based on how much blood they have. Or drinking blood should heal you, I always thought that Vampires' only way to heal should be through drinking blood.
(07-05-2018, 03:43 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: [good words]

I stand corrected! Most of my vamp experience has led me to believe it's quite powerful, but maybe I'm just that good I freely admit that most of it was on RP1 - where it's very well-suited, if I haven't made that opinion clear already.

I'd love a dedicated vamp mode or even a return for mixed, though the latter might depend on some other factors.
(07-05-2018, 05:07 PM)Avack Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 03:43 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: [good words]

I stand corrected! Most of my vamp experience has led me to believe it's quite powerful, but maybe I'm just that good I freely admit that most of it was on RP1 - where it's very well-suited, if I haven't made that opinion clear already.

I'd love a dedicated vamp mode or even a return for mixed, though the latter might depend on some other factors.

Maybe, a "mystery" mode for intrigue, with vampire, spy, werewolf, changeling, with latejoin changelings and vampires?