Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizards have no potential in mutations
I was playing as a wizard on gibbed 4 today and i got to be a wizard... so i got genetics to scan me and he told me i had nothing at all,weird isn't it?
and on the same time i found that a cyborg can live without a head if you destroy it with a C-saber somewhy
storm1911 Wrote:I was playing as a wizard on gibbed 4 today and i got to be a wizard... so i got genetics to scan me and he told me i had nothing at all,weird isn't it?
I'm guessing if you're looking for some canon reason it's probably wizards go through extensive training in order to use magic, but everyone's born pretty much with ability to.

storm1911 Wrote:and on the same time i found that a cyborg can live without a head if you destroy it with a C-saber somewhy
The brain (you know that part that's used to make the cyborg actually live) is stored in the head. Ripping out the brain from a computer tends to disable it.
he said they CAN live without their heads.

also it'd be cool if wizards had some fairly useless power genetics-wise. like the ability to control the growth of your facial hair or something dumb like that.
The wizards in-game are very clear references to DnD wizards, with spells such as Magic Missile, Fireball, and Shocking Grasp. In DnD, any person in the world can be a wizard if they have the capacity to understand and the determination to learn magic.

This, of course, precludes the possibility that a ss13 crewmember could do it.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the capacity to understand and the determination to learn magic.

implying ss13 crewmembers have anything like "mental capacity" or "determination"
BruceHenke Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the capacity to understand and the determination to learn magic.

implying ss13 crewmembers have anything like "mental capacity" or "determination"

precludes 3rd person singular present of pre·clude (Verb)
Verb

1) Prevent from happening; make impossible.
2) (of a situation or condition) Prevent someone from doing something.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
BruceHenke Wrote:

precludes 3rd person singular present of pre·clude (Verb)
Verb

1) Prevent from happening; make impossible.
2) (of a situation or condition) Prevent someone from doing something.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
They do now!