Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Oragnize manufacturer material lists and specify materials lacking to build something
Want to gauge whether or not this is a good idea.

- Either group materials as they appear in the list under category type ex: Sturdy Metal, Metal, Conductor... or just have its category appear next to the metal name.

- Instead of receiving an message saying "insufficient materials". Have it tack on one or more of the missing material classifications.

I realize this will sort of make mining stuff/building things slightly easier, and usually I'm against that stuff, but mostly I think this will remove some of the tedium. After all, you only need to have the wiki open next to you to see what is what. And this stuff isn't  secret anyway since there are really only 15 or so types of materials.
You know what would be nice? if on the list, items that were buildable with the current materials were black text, and items that couldn't be built were red text along with the materials that were lacking.

Sorta like this

Quote:[Image: HUuKO7A.png]
(06-28-2018, 02:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: You know what would be nice? if on the list, items that were buildable with the current materials were black text, and items that couldn't be built were red text along with the materials that were lacking.

Sorta like this

I like this, a good middleground. It doesn't completely eliminate the need to check the wiki or read the in-game mineralogy book.
(06-28-2018, 02:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
This is an absolutely incredible idea please please add this in
(06-28-2018, 04:22 PM)Triacontakai Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 02:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
This is an absolutely incredible idea please please add this in
this would make mining so much better
That would be nice for robotics as well
(07-05-2018, 10:34 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: That would be nice for robotics as well

Exactly my thoughts, especially for things that require advanced materials like some specialty cybereyes.