Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling DNA Absorption containing imperfect genetic mutations
I know that there probably aren't a lot of people who think to take advantage of it, but changelings not only absorb appearances and voices but genetic abilities as well. This, however, is both broken and imperfect, as abilities with chromosomes spliced with them simply become unspliced once absorbed. This really puts a damper on things when you try to use 'synchronized' biomass manipulation and end up a skeleton on the floor, or when you transform into someone who had a huge amount of stabilized abilities only to end up a gibbering wreck on the floor. For the sake of the players that do find this to be a useful aspect of changeling, such as your friendly geneticist, please fix/perfect this aspect of changeling transformations. Thanks.
PrometheusX has done quite a bit of research on this, lings are funky with dna but he'd definitely be someone to ask what exactly they're fucky with
hm...I wonder if you could abuse this with dna sting to make someone so incredibly genetically destabilized that they just die
Hrm... What if the changeling could spend DNA points to activate or deactivate latent mutations in the Dana of the person they've transformed into?

Maybe even give them the ability to "sniff" DNA so they could go shopping for powers when victim hunting
(06-26-2018, 03:18 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Hrm... What if the changeling could spend DNA points to activate or deactivate latent mutations in the Dana of the person they've transformed into?

Maybe even give them the ability to "sniff" DNA so they could go shopping for powers when victim hunting

DNA sniffing seems a bit over the top considering that all of the genes you'll find would have been sourced at Genetics anyway, so you could probably just head there and absorb some DNA junkies who are over there doing whatever (Unlocking mutations). Activating latent mutations would probably be bugged when first integrated because, at first, it would probably cause instability, leading to the gibbering wreck on the floor bit I mentioned, as well as it still standing true that you would still have the active genes that had already been absorbed from that person causing guaranteed instability with the current system we have going for u. These ideas have potential, but there will definitely be a lot of problems if/when they become integrated into the game, so keep that in mind. Lastly, my only big issue with your ideas is that using DNA points to unlock abilities still doesn't mean they'll be spliced. Removes the entire point of the discussion. I could go and do everything you're talking about with some activators anyway, but I would still need access to a genetics computer to get the kind of useful results one would like out of genetics.
I think it would be fun if ling saught out powered folks. Especially if ling lore says the ling was made by centcom and went rogue.

I mean there's a polymorph Gene. What if ling was cooked up in a lab as an Apex predator using a host crewman.