Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Hackable forklift
Right now all you can do on the forklift is screwdriver it open and cut the wiring out, disabling it.  There should at least be some options for speeding it up or impaling people on the tines a la that German safety video.  Brighter lights?  An evil sentience of its own?  Maybe you have to find/make and add modules yourself.  Anything!  Could just use existing sprites with palette swap for the modules
(06-25-2018, 11:58 PM)poland spring Wrote: Right now all you can do on the forklift is screwdriver it open and cut the wiring out, disabling it.  There should at least be some options for speeding it up or impaling people on the tines a la that German safety video.  Brighter lights?  An evil sentience of its own?  Maybe you have to find/make and add modules yourself.  Anything!  Could just use existing sprites with palette swap for the modules

Should be able to put an AI interface board or a random brain in it.
(06-26-2018, 06:45 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 11:58 PM)poland spring Wrote: Right now all you can do on the forklift is screwdriver it open and cut the wiring out, disabling it.  There should at least be some options for speeding it up or impaling people on the tines a la that German safety video.  Brighter lights?  An evil sentience of its own?  Maybe you have to find/make and add modules yourself.  Anything!  Could just use existing sprites with palette swap for the modules

Should be able to put an AI interface board or a random brain in it.

Yes please I was to be resurrected as a sentient forklift. I will communicate by beeping my horn and flashing the lights.
As a clown main I approve of giving it an AI interface board or even brainable. But what we TRULY need is a clown themed forklift

Honklift

[Image: Engineered%20Floors%20Pink%20Forklift%20...7%29-M.jpg]
Forklifts should require a specific permit, like the weapons permit, or else beepsky and the buddies take you on a low speed chase and arrest you for unlicensed forklift operation.
Good idea, but Beepsky doesn't recognize people on vehicles so that needs to be fixed first.
other than the obvious of running ppl over and stabbing them, let it be used to lift vending machines and shit and position them to block halls and be a terrible nuisance

chemistry equipment and nanomeds stolen via emagged forklift
Shit I love the idea of the forklift being able to pick up everything, including the stuff that can't normally be moved
Picking up girders would be cool and useful
(07-02-2018, 05:41 PM)misto Wrote: other than the obvious of running ppl over and stabbing them, let it be used to lift vending machines and shit and position them to block halls and be a terrible nuisance

chemistry equipment and nanomeds stolen via emagged forklift

Best idea misto
How would you update the forklift sprite to show what's picked up?
(07-03-2018, 06:45 AM)Rocket Wrote: How would you update the forklift sprite to show what's picked up?

maybe just make it act like dragging. when moving machinery just drive in reverse and pull it "behind" the forklift, on the forks
(07-03-2018, 06:45 AM)Rocket Wrote: How would you update the forklift sprite to show what's picked up?

Also, if possible, do what happens to the character sprite when you are standing on a chair - raise it by x pixels or something?
Yeah just kinda drag the sprite a bit on top of the forklift and I think we're good to go
(06-26-2018, 08:00 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Forklifts should require a specific permit, like the weapons permit, or else beepsky and the buddies take you on a low speed chase and arrest you for unlicensed forklift operation.

(06-26-2018, 09:35 PM)Technature Wrote: Good idea, but Beepsky doesn't recognize people on vehicles so that needs to be fixed first.

For the time being, just have it set you to arrest, and maybe write a ticket or PDA someone.