Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Most secret chems shouldn't be secret.
(06-24-2018, 11:12 AM)Wraithcraft Wrote: i'm gonna play the devil's advocate here for a moment and say that i'm in favor of secret recipes!
why, you might ask? well, i'm gonna break out the metaphor machine and tell you. there's this tiny, obscure game called Furi, where you play as a ninja who's trying to escape from a superprison. the game is set up so you fight a boss, and then fight another boss. most of the fun i have in that game is throwing myself at a boss over and over and over again until it all clicks and i can kill it! that's what happens with secret recipes, i think. you try for a few rounds to make this chemical and when it finally clicks and you make it, you get the double satisfaction bomb of having access to a cool chemical and knowing that it all happened because you threw yourself at it until it worked. that feeling of satisfaction is why i say that we shouldn't declassify any secret chemicals.

If that feeling of satisfaction is important to you there are ways of preserving it like keeping secret chem recipes under spoilers on the wiki. And i'm not saying we should reveal every secret chem recipe, i'm in favor of nitro staying secret, for example.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most secret chems shouldn't be secret. - by fosstar - 06-24-2018, 11:16 AM