Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Most secret chems shouldn't be secret.
(06-24-2018, 07:38 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: One option for making secret chems 'less secret' could be allowing you to 'reverse-engineer' samples found in artbeakers for more detailed hints, spend spacebux for a note with a clue, rare half-burnt piles of notes in Z5, etc. That way the chems won't become instantly available to everyone, but it means that you have a hope to learn the  recipes without turbonerding away in chem for hours.

(06-25-2018, 05:29 AM)Sov Wrote: I think having hints to a few recipes hidden in adventure zones could be a cool thing

Good ideas!
(06-26-2018, 02:38 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Silver Fulminate still shouldn't be a secret chem. The reason it's secret is really dumb and it provides very little benefit, especially when brobots can spam gunshot noises. I think some things would honestly just be best if argued on a case-by-case basis. Furthermore, considering I know at least part of how it's made and it's kind of a pain in the ass, people shouldn't get in trouble for revealing it when it's so totally unlikely to cause any actual issues.

i think it’s justified sharing it’s recipe would either be pointless because you can’t  make the precursors or a huge spoiler for another chem
(07-02-2018, 07:43 AM)Newtonsolo Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 02:38 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Silver Fulminate still shouldn't be a secret chem. The reason it's secret is really dumb and it provides very little benefit, especially when brobots can spam gunshot noises. I think some things would honestly just be best if argued on a case-by-case basis. Furthermore, considering I know at least part of how it's made and it's kind of a pain in the ass, people shouldn't get in trouble for revealing it when it's so totally unlikely to cause any actual issues.

i think it’s justified sharing it’s recipe would either be pointless because you can’t  make the precursors or a huge spoiler for another chem

i think its almost same reasoning as with spiders. the chem isnt gimmicky or dangerous enough to be considered a secret chem, but one of the ingredients for it is secret.