Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding all three possible directions to see your character on character creation
(06-20-2018, 07:48 PM)Eibel Wrote: Having three sprites for us hair nerds so we can see Front view, Side view, and Back view would be phenomenal

I think Goon is the only server I've been on that doesn't have this as a feature.  It's super useful to know what you look like from all directions so you don't immediately hate your decision for customization.
Gotta see my space man's space hams
(06-20-2018, 09:56 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Gotta see my space man's space hams

Spam, the choice of 9 out of 10 space cannibals.

Yes. I would like the ability to better queue my coif.
Yeah we probably should have this since it seems goon is going towards the whole customization route nowadays.
Spessman Dressing Room Meet-n-Toolbox All-Ages Version is the best Early-Access Free-To-Play MORPG on the web!
My argument against is that there is no proper argument against it so there'd be no one to get salty in OOC about it post change
I had a thought with this.

Apparently it's difficult to do, which would explain why it's not been done, is it difficult to add little arrowkeys at the bottom of the spessman's picture that if you clicked it, it would turn them?
(06-25-2018, 10:15 AM)Eibel Wrote: I had a thought with this.

Apparently it's difficult to do, which would explain why it's not been done, is it difficult to add little arrowkeys at the bottom of the spessman's picture that if you clicked it, it would turn them?

Yeah, I checked. It's definitely more involved then doing that. The reason, best I can figure, is that the spessman shown in the popup window is just a group of images overlayed on each other; it's nothing like the in-game, player-controlled character. 

Certainly it can be done, but it requires a bit more backend stuff than just a line adjusting the way a mob is facing. At least that's what I can tell from a glance, I never looked at that code before so maybe whoever wrote knows how it works.

EDIT: Hold on, this might not actually be as bad as I feared. I'm gonna try to get this working, probably won't take too long unless problems arise.
That would certainly explain why it hasn't been implemented...

It's not a super important thing so if it was just something worked on in the background and introduced in a decent number of months it would be cool, but I don't think anyone would lose sleep if it was just too tedious to do and couldn't be added in.
Okay, yeah that was far easier than I thought. Not quite a single line change, but still very simple. I just have to fix the UI aspect of it and it will be good to go.

Here's the proof that I have it working so that nobody wastes time on this since I'm going to have to wait a little while before I can finish up and post a patch:

https://streamable.com/nmpul

Also, sorry for the music in the background, I was using a new recoding thing that picks up what was playing in my browser and didn't notice. I'm not going to fix it.
in an ideal world we'd re-do the whole character set-up menu, but hey, i'll take what i can get.
(06-25-2018, 02:39 PM)Gannets Wrote: in an ideal world we'd re-do the whole character set-up menu, but hey, i'll take what i can get.

Nice try, I'm not gonna be the sucker who does that.
I am so damn giddy right now that looks awesome!
Neat.
I don't remember saying a decent number of minutes but I guess that's what I meant.